• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Baden Powell Adventure Weekends

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Can guides from out of county join other bp adventures? Random question!
Yes, Guides can attend any recognised BP Adventure, if you are going to one out-of-County it's best to let your Adviser know, so that they are aware and you are included in County records (and are included in things like County presentations if your area does them).

Hilary

Guide Guider and District Commissioner
GuiderPlus
My dd has just finished her BP and starting SS after Easter. I started the GUide unit because there was no Guides, and Brownies had been so good for her (she is not very good socially)

The Guides I have coming up from Brownies after Easter were in Rainbows then!!!
You should worry! Most of my current Guides weren't born when I started with the unit. My daughter was 8, went through my Guides and division Rangers and has now left home but I'm still there!

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Just been looking at the Foxlease site and have noticed they have some BP weekends available:

Dates for 2012 at Foxlease:

24 - 26 August 2012
2 - 4 November 2012

Booking pack available here, and you can email them here.

yorkie

Veteran (100+ posts)
Help needed. I have 7 16 year olds who need a BP adventure. Yes I know they are old but taken ages to complete because been so busy doing other things in Guiding and now that they have finally finished I'm not going to deny them the adventure. We will consider anywhere after the end of June. If it's a big adventure I would say it's okay for them to go together as long as they are split up when they get there.

roving_guider

Veteran (100+ posts)
Probably not the easiest for you to get to but Anglia region have one running at Hautbois (region residential place just outside Norwich) the last weekend in June, last mail i saw there were still a few places.

Well done for having girls staying to 16 and completing BP - you must have a great unit :)

We have spaces to fill on a BP narrowboat Adventure for next weekend (Friday 1st – Sunday 3rd June) in the Cheshire/Manchester area. It is aimed at BP Guides but we would take older Guides who wanted residential experience. The cost of the weekend is £80. Anyone interested can either PM me or email skylark5a@gmail.com
Thanks
Stef

meoome

Beginner (10+ posts)
the shropshire bp weekend has been booked for the big gig weekend does anyone know why? :S .. .my girls are gutted they now have to choose big gig or bp? xx

guidingbear

Assistant guide guider
Unfortunately the kind of volunteers who run BP weekends tend to get booked up far in advance, as do the places that they use to hold them in... Perhaps you should ask the big gig organisers why they chose the same weekend as the BP weekend???

Life is all about choices, try to think of it as an importaint life lesson!

RMT

Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
Unfortunately the kind of volunteers who run BP weekends tend to get booked up far in advance, as do the places that they use to hold them in... Perhaps you should ask the big gig organisers why they chose the same weekend as the BP weekend???

But hasn't big gig been on the 1st weekend of oct for ages? Im sure it has since i started 3 yrs ago.

meoome

Beginner (10+ posts)

big gig is ALWAYS the first saturday of october xx

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
big gig is ALWAYS the first saturday of october xx
It may have been that the person running the event was hoping to take the girls there as part of the adventure (I know that's been done before) why don't you speak to the person who is organising... It may be that's the only weekend they could run it/county needed one...

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
Anyone know of any BP adventures between now and Xmas and then say Jan to Easter please??

Anywhere in country please - I will make them travel if necessary!

Figgy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Anyone know of any BP adventures between now and Xmas and then say Jan to Easter please??

Anywhere in country please - I will make them travel if necessary!
Have you asked at region? I know the new Helter Skelter is out any time now so they should have some provisional dates for them I would think.

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Blackland Farm 24th-25th November
ICANDO 12th-14th October
Foxlease 2nd-4th November
Kent Weald have one running 16th-18th November

Can you tell I have been finding BP Adventures for my guides to complete their BP Challenge? Hoping mine will opt for ICANDO (if there are spaces.

For Jan to Easter, they ones at TAC's should be listed in Adventures Made Easy.

Lydia!

Veteran (100+ posts)
Chigwell Row 26-28 April 2013
Blackland farm 6-7 April
Foxlease 11-13 jan
ICANDO 11-13 jan, 8-10 feb, 8-10 mar, 9-11 april
waddow 29-31 March