1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? badge confusion!

Discussion in 'Centenary 2010' started by Butterfly16, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guide Leader

2. KatieW

KatieW Guide Guider, Nottingham Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I would say it's up to you. Centenary Promise Badges can only be worn (IIRC) to the end of 2012, or when a girl moves to the next section. I still have my CtW & Adventure 100 pins on my tab!

3. Sweetlikespice

Sweetlikespice Veteran (100+ posts)

ohhh , i never knew this , does the same apply to the tops ???

4. elenopa

elenopa Brownie Guider

At some point the polo shirts stop being 'uniform' but can be still worn as 'membrs wear'. Or something like that. I never bought one so I don't know for sure.

5. KatieW

IIRC it's the end of this year that Centenary tops can only be worn as Camp wear. I know Cazbly knows for sure, perhaps she'll be able to clarify once she gets back from Paris.

6. Snowy Pink Owl

Snowy Pink Owl The Doctor (5000+ posts) GuiderPlus

I'll still wear mine after this year because it is a reminder of the centenary year :)

7. KatieW

You can still wear it, you just cannot wear it as Uniform.

8. Snowy Pink Owl

I meant the badge on my badge tab, sorry should've been more specific as clothing had been mentioned :)

9. KatieW

Ah sorry! I'm going to carry on wearing them until I have to take them off. Think the CtW will go first to be replaced by the Jubilee one.

10. Cazbly

Cazbly Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)

Back from Paris :)

None of the miniature badges should be worn on tabs - they were designed to be worn out of uniform, eg, on your fleece or camp tops.
    The large centenary badge can be worn until October/November of this year - as can centenary clothing - as official uniform then the badge should be moved off tab and clothing worn as camp wear etc.

Adventure 100 can be worn until a girl moves to the next section, or the end of the 2012 whichever comes first.
    The centenary promise badge is the same.

CTW can be worn until the girl changes section and should have already been removed from tabs by guiders.

Think that covers them all.

11. Snowy Pink Owl

I always seem to break the rules though :)

12. Cazbly

Never feel the need to, have too many official badges that wont fit, so I just put the pick of those on.

13. jolito

jolito General dogsbody

The GGUK raspberry polo shirt/blue sweatshirt never should have been worn as 'uniform'.

From the Trading catalogue -
    'Although these clothing items and the neckerchief are not section wear/uniform, they may be worn at both guiding and non guiding events from now until the Centenary finale in October 2010.'

14. Cazbly

The wording was always subject to a large degree of pedancy, since anything that could legitimitely worn to both guiding and non-guiding events effectively becomes a "uniform" for that period.

Also don't forget the official advice given via mailings, magazine and website which extended the period the centenary polo and necker could be worn for until October/November 2011 - that advice superceded the trading catalogue advice.

15. Brandie

Brandie Veteran (100+ posts)

oh dear I bought mine once it was reduced, but as i have seen my cc wearing funky guide t shirts to guide meetings I think it'll be ok to be in pink occasionally although I do always wear navy polo for anything slightl official

16. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guide Leader

You are allowed to the pink poloshirt as offical uniform til the of the year so you get the most out of your money. I shall wear my miniture badge on my tab til the end of october as thats when the cententary finishes. The promise badge is different.

17. TJ.

TJ. Wonder Woman In Training

Hang on.... so leaders have to take their badge off this year but girls not til next? Or is the first one referring to the oval 100 years badge? I'm so confused!

And I like wearing my 2010 badge. To be honest, I'll probably keep wearing it until someone yells at me to take it off. Or until we register the allsorts as TG and I need space for that promise badge!

18. Cazbly

Centenary promise badge until end of 2012.

Round or oval general centenary badges until the pink polo shirt is outlawed later this year.

19. Brandie

Brandie Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm sure I have badges that shouldn't be on my tab! However my Div C looked at it & said nice tab how did you fit them on? (was my DD not me) & I def don't have as many as some of you lol
    Got adult & centenary promise Adventure 100 Brownie takeover Wales standard & a caterpillar (one of the Guide patrol emblems to show who I am in Rainbows)

20. Andrea

Andrea Brown Owl

I seem to remember reading somewhere, and perhaps Cazbly or someone else can clarify this, that if you were enrolled and made your promise for the first time on 20:10, 20.10, 2010 you can continue to wear the centenary promise badge indefinitely! Elsewhere it says until the girl moves to the next section which, in the case of Guides and Senior Section, could be for a fair number of years! But there again, I know of a number of Guiders who wear the old-style promise badges as these were the badges they were given when enrolled but these should not be worn on uniform, only the latest promise badge should be worn.

I have just been on the GGUK website and can no longer find anything relating to this subject to confirm the above or otherwise!

Interesting debate!