1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Badge Tabs - FAQ & post your piccies!

Discussion in 'Uniform' started by Hilzo42, Nov 17, 2009.

1. browniebeth

browniebeth Brownie Leader Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Are you sure? My BO at home was given one a couple of years ago at a division meeting, with a whole load of the more 'senior' faces around the table, I know for a fact she's been doing Brownies continuously since before I was born! (she's in her late 50s-early60s)

2. Cazbly

Cazbly Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)

She was lucky then - your local area must have decided to fund them. Technically, no, us oldies should not get them unless we go through the scheme again.

3. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

I didn't get one and they wherein use when I finished mine!

4. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I don't have one, but everyone in my current division has them - they were provided by the division, but it's before I moved here

5. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guide Leader

I've got one! I got a free county bag too! :D

6. Figgy

Figgy Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

I got given one when I completed my module 1 for rainbows. They didn't exist when I did my Guide ALQ

7. ElfOwl

ElfOwl Veteran (100+ posts)

When they came out, the county I was with allowed existing leaders to buy them for a limited time. I had thought that was a national offer but obviously not. I have heard of someone who did get one after the 'time limit'. It's a bit hideous and mine isn't allopwed on my badge tab but gets pinned to my fleece - I have much nicer badgs for my tab.

8. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Our County provided them for all leaders after someone complained there was no recognition for 'existing' leaders. Personally, I don't wear mine, I prefer the 'bar' type of awards which show what you've earned or are qualified for and fit neatly on the tab.

9. Hilzo42

Hilzo42 Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

If I remember right, I just bought my own!

I'm sure in either Guiding Mag or Guiding Essentials it was stated that existing leaders were perfectly entitled to buy one for themselves - just those new/working on the scheme would have one bought by Counties for completing the ALQ. (though some areas may have decided to fund them for other leaders but that's up to them).

Not that I wear mine on my tab, too big and I haven't space, but I have one nonetheless. Doing Module One for another section should also award you with the LQ badge, even if you've already done the rest of the qualification before too (I'd presume the same if you only did Modules 1-3 and subsequently Module 4).

10. scotchmi5t

scotchmi5t Veteran (100+ posts)

I wore my ALQ badge despite it being big and clunky, because it shows I've achieved something. That's why I wear it along with my B-P award and Commonwealth Award.

11. TotallyAwesomeTeen

TotallyAwesomeTeen Beginner (10+ posts)

Here's my tab:
    View attachment 12530

It's pretty bare right now; there's my Senior Section/Young Leader promise badge, my county badge and a Thumper badge (my Rainbow name) that a leader gave to me when I helped at her pack holiday. I've almost finished my YLQ so I should be getting that badge soon, I've also almost finished my Chief Guide Award (I had finished it but my computer deleted EVERYTHING) and I've almost earnt my In4mer badge!

This may be a stupid question but I got the centenery promise badge when I was a guide, can I still wear it now that I'm in SS?

12. KatieW

KatieW Guide Guider, Nottingham Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

The attachment doesn't work, you'll need to try it again!
    No you can't. It was to be worn until the end of 2012 or until a girl makes/renews her Promise in the next section.

13. Cazbly

Had a shuffle on mine - 20 year off and 30 year on.
    Centenary promise off and Jubilee badge on.

Attached Files:

14. Lette

Lette Guide Guider & Senior Section Member

I really want to get my 5 year service badge before I go to Roverway, knowing I'm owed it makes me want it more. Unlikely to happen as DivC is having some time off at the moment.

15. ForeverGuider

ForeverGuider Snowy Owl

[​IMG]heres my badge tab
    Once the big brownie birthdays done my alq will go back on.

can anyone tell me what era my promise badge is from ? the only reason I ask is that I have always used it since I as a guide but I know it belonged to either my mom or gran beforehand and now I can't remember which one as I have a shocking memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  16. Cazbly

1933 - 1968 for that style.... you can now work out how that ties in with their ages...........

17. ForeverGuider

ForeverGuider Snowy Owl

**** that covers both for guides dam never Mind however I do have a gold coloured version of the same one too never mind

18. Cazbly

I am 2 at the moment - my old Advisors tab and a simpler one for my Brownie Unit.

Attached Files:

19. ForeverGuider

ForeverGuider Snowy Owl

Ok major issue I can't fit anymore badges on my badge tab and I'm worried I'm gonna loose my Bp badge if I don't get it back on soon but I can't fit it on what should I take off the above pic to make it fit????

20. Orly

Orly Veteran (100+ posts)

Well, if you've got your 20 year bar, you don't really need your white bar. I personally also put unearned badges (like the county badge & world badge) to one side in place of earned badges like the QG.

ETA: And if you choose only one residential qualification badge, that should also give you some more room