• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Badge Tabs - FAQ & post your piccies!

Orly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Looking at that QG Badge I didn't think it was possible, but maybe it was!
My understanding is that the blue style of QG badge was from when the QG was an award for the Guide section. When the QG award became a Ranger award, the B-P award was introduced for the Guide section. Don't know about the history of the designs, although I don't think the current design of QG came in until later.

hi guys,

yes i got my QG as a guide and my Bp much later as a senior as i did the old scheme as for residential qualification pins i left my guide holiday on as i only did the new scheme for brownies which i do now. so wasnt sure as all my quals are current but speaking to my dc im gonna take off my yl bar and guide holiday bars so that will give me some space but also my bbb is coming off at end of term so theres more space there thanks anyways

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
hi guys,

yes i got my QG as a guide and my Bp much later as a senior
I'm still confused. QG was a Guide award up until the 70's/80's, it was then moved to Rangers and the BP Award became the highest award. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't see how you could have got both!

I was a guide from 1972-76 and a ranger till 76-78 and I defiantly earned both qg on guides and my Bp octogen in rangers I know I was one of the last to get the old style Bp before it became a guide awarded badge and the qg swaped to rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I was a guide from 1972-76 and a ranger till 76-78 and I defiantly earned both qg on guides and my Bp octogen in rangers I know I was one of the last to get the old style Bp before it became a guide awarded badge and the qg swaped to rangers

I'd love to see a photo of the BP because, AFAIK, there was no BP Award in Rangers pre-QG.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Ahh I think there may be some confusion over the names, the Queens Guide as shown was a Guide Award until late 70's early 80's, then there was the Ranger challenge as memory serves and one above which I think was the Chief Guides award or something, maybe this was a BP award in Scotland.... I'm sure Fenris or Caz will let us know the proper name, but I wonder if they were named soemthing different over the border...

elenopa

Brownie Guider
This is the one I had for Bp

really old version well before it was a guide version

But that is the Guide version; I have just checked my second Guide handbook (1983). (the syllabus changed too late for me to get the Bp, but my Gran bought me a new handbook just as they came out.)

According to the Guide handbook, Rangers could get the Ranger Challenge, the Ranger Star and Queen's Guide.

Unless they just kept an older design and transferred it to the Guides.

It may have been a guide award but I definatly got given it in rangers after I'd completed my qg so now I'm really confused aghhhh