1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Badge Tabs - FAQ & post your piccies!

Discussion in 'Uniform' started by Hilzo42, Nov 17, 2009.

1. KatieW

KatieW Guide Guider, Nottingham Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Thank you for the photo ForeverGuider, I hope you don't think I was doubting you. There was no BP Award in Rangers. From 1968 the Ranger Challenge was probably the highest award a Ranger/YL could earn, however the QG could be finished by the 16th Birthday if not completed as a Guide. In 1983(ish) the QG moved to be a Ranger/YL award and the BP Trefoil then became the highest award available to Guides. This was alongside changing the Eight Point badges to the Trefoil badges and actually having a set syllabus for each rather than just taking part in the full programme for a year. The BP award you have pictured is a 2nd edition (the first had no enamelling on the scroll) so is definately post-1986.

2. ForeverGuider

ForeverGuider Snowy Owl

Oh well maybe I'll wear my qg and ranger challenge know I know which badge it is instead I only wanted the highest award I believed I'd earnt for each section on my tab anyhow thanks Katie for setting me streight I really do apologise I sound like I haven't a clue proves I should stay off forums during relapses cos I just talk mince till my brain regains control sorry guys

3. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I'd be pretty proud to display a Queens Guide badge on my tab. To my mind that trumps any others whichever section/era it was earned in....

4. KatieW

As I said, I hope I didn't offend, please don't take it that way, and there's no need to apologise - we all have our quirks!! I'm a bit of a history buff when it comes to Guiding and love researching the programmes and badges from the different eras and I'd never thought it was possible to do both awards!!! I never got my BP, nor my QG so as Quack says, be proud of both you earned!

5. ForeverGuider

ForeverGuider Snowy Owl

My qg has never been taken off my tab since I earnt it but don't want to look a fool infront of county so I'll leave my Bp and ranger challenge off might give me more room. Katie I used to be a history buff till my ex took all my resources and burn them in spite so now it's just me and my shocking memory to depend on thanks anyway for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Orly

Orly Veteran (100+ posts)

Ditto. (And now I need to find my badge tab, so I can post a picture of it here)

7. bagu

bagu Veteran (100+ posts)

There were a few girls in 1983/84 who would have had a chance to do both. They would have had to finish the Queen's Guide (when it was still a Guide section award) by March 1984 (which was the last date to complete the QG as a Guide award) and be under 15 as the B-P Trefoil then had to be completed by the 15th birthday. There are some photos in 1984 Guide magazines of some of the first girls to gain the B-P Trefoil who also were Queen's Guides. Some of the clauses were the same in both (eg holding the Service Emblem and Service Flash) but it certainly wasn't a complete overlap so would have been a big achievement!

[Am also a bit of a history buff!]

8. Hilzo42

Hilzo42 Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I can well believe that as I've also met people who earned both the pre-2000 and post-2000 Baden-Powell Awards, and wore both on their badge tabs :) It invariably happens when there's a major overlap with programme changes!

9. KatieW

I've just checked it out, and yes, it would have been possible to complete both with a bit of planning and hard work to complete the BP requirements. On the whole the badge requirements were the same, with the addition of a Patrol badge for the BP (a PPP or Interest Pennant being required) then there's other things like finding out about Rangers/YL etc.

10. snowy_jojo

snowy_jojo Veteran (100+ posts)

[​IMG]

My badge tab not got a lot on it and my world badge could do with a clean lol

Badges on there are adult promise badge, commonwealth award, world badge, notts county badge,and 10 yr service award

Snowy_jojo

11. manateelover90

manateelover90 Brownie & Ranger leader and Ranger =D GuiderPlus

My lovely badge tabs with my new queens guide award :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  12. browniebeth

browniebeth Brownie Leader Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Oh, has the design changed?

13. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I can't remember the name for it, but that's a version of it that is a lot cheaper in case you are worried about losing the actual badge. It's still only available to people who have completed QG so is just as prestigious

14. manateelover90

manateelover90 Brownie & Ranger leader and Ranger =D GuiderPlus

It's the everyday version :)

15. KatieW

I've seen it called the everyday badge, but don't know if it has an official name!

16. FPG

FPG Veteran (100+ posts)

I believe that is the official name! Just made me realise the everyday badge I was being sent last year must have gone awol as it never arrived...

17. Brandie

Brandie Veteran (100+ posts)

finally got a pic of my tabs :) although my Rainbow tab is new I should have had one a few years ago but neer did then didn't do Rainbows for a while and got a fa new unit starting this week View attachment 15943

18. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

Ooooh this reminds me to change mine to put my sangam badge on it

19. ker-stee

Here's my new, updated tab : ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409609425.798246.jpg

It's been 2 years since I left Cleveland but I can't bear to remove that badge as it's got so many happy memories. The vision badge has finally been removed- only 2 years late! I could really do with finding my brownie tab and changing them over, but my brownies don't care what the colour of the top of my tab is!

20. ker-stee

And this is where my retired badges go ;) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409609542.239028.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409609552.090295.jpg