• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Best guests you have had visit your unit?

A Southwell

Regular (50+ posts)
Our best visitor was the local wildlife rehab centre... Yes, there were kangaroo joeys in little pouches, a Tawny frogmouth owl, and an echidna running freely around our Guide hall!

Unfortunately I'm not sure their "Education for Conservation" van would make it all the way to Suffolk....
Just wondered what area the van covers. My group is in Cambridge?

Last year I spent our £100 gift aid on a musician who came and made rainbows and brownies into a samba band , steal drums too . well worth it even put on a little performance for parents
Year before we had a circus skills workshop .
Recently had the Cotswold outdoor shop come and give a session about dressing for the cold , they do ones about tents too .

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
mountain rescue team came with dogs and organised the Guides to do a line search in the park to find their injured Guider (me) and transport them on a stretcher

kingfisherblue

Veteran (100+ posts)
We've just arranged to visit Specsavers early next year with Rainbows and Brownies.

We've also been invited to visit Three, where we are going to have a session on accessibility, although they also offer other sessions including internet safety and technology. Brownies and Guides are going to this.

Brownies are attending both as part of their Disability Awareness badge.

Mand65

Beginner (10+ posts)
mountain rescue team came with dogs and organised the Guides to do a line search in the park to find their injured Guider (me) and transport them on a stretcher
Hi, where in the Anglia region are you based as this sounds really interesting. I am based just outside Cambridge. thanks

Mand65

Beginner (10+ posts)
Last year I spent our £100 gift aid on a musician who came and made rainbows and brownies into a samba band , steal drums too . well worth it even put on a little performance for parents
Year before we had a circus skills workshop .
Recently had the Cotswold outdoor shop come and give a session about dressing for the cold , they do ones about tents too .
how do you go about getting the Cotswold shop to come and visit? Do you just telephone them? Thanks