• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Best memories of G2G5

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
Here are a few that come to mind!!

Scotch entertaining us with her scarf making!!!

The many weird looking haggis we made!!!

Becca's kilt (or was it a belt lol!!!)

Our brave attempt at Strip the Willow.

The view on our Sunday hike - such a lovely morning.

My pressies - thanks!!!!!

Best of all was meeting old friends again and picking up right where we left off 6 months ago!!!

dippydeedodah

Rainbow Guider, Guide Guider
Mmmm...

The industrial dishwasher ( I love that machine!)

Amanda teaching us how to dance!

Scotch trying to get into her bed on Saturday evening( wish I had my camera at that point!)

Haggis hunting

Bens homemade Baileys...god that stuff was strong!

And as Sly says meeting up with friends, new and old.

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
Getting to know Jellycan a lot better
Meeting new people
Hils' obscene cocktail

I'd like to apologise for being antisocial saturday night and sunday, i hope i didn't upset anyone.

Jennifer

Veteran (100+ posts)
Here are a few that come to mind!!

Scotch entertaining us with her scarf making!!!

The many weird looking haggis we made!!!

Becca's kilt (or was it a belt lol!!!)

Our brave attempt at Strip the Willow.

The view on our Sunday hike - such a lovely morning.

My pressies - thanks!!!!!

Best of all was meeting old friends again and picking up right where we left off 6 months ago!!!

go on do tell what where your pressies

did you organise the event?

katz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Ermmm

Deffo Scotch's scalf making!

The many different shaped haggis!

Meeting new and old friends.

Sly and Jim prentending to be hobbits during the campfire! lol

At the end of the campfire when Scotch fell off the wooden seating! (Sorry Scotch but it was funny!)

dippydeedodah

Rainbow Guider, Guide Guider
It tookscotch about 4 attempts to get up to the top bunk on Saturday. Of course we helped by shouting encouraging words! LOL
I think in the end she took a run at it! I cant remember because I was laughing so much I started crying...then my brain fell out!

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
go on do tell what where your pressies

did you organise the event?
hiya, yes, I was one of the organisers along with Susiwaa and Fenris!! My pressie was acarton of yoghurt, a new centenary back pack with assorted camping accessories and a Tena Lady pad and a condom!!

The yoghurt was in memory of SG2G2 at Lossiemouth when I rolled down a lovely hill forgetting I had my back pack on with my lunch and needless to say my yoghurt was everywhere!!!! This explains the yoghurt covered gaerlick!!!! Mind you what made it worse was I thought we were all going to roll down the hill but no, the rest of them stayed at the top photographing me!!!!!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks guys.....I think!!!! Is it a good or bad thing to be recognised as the one who made everyone laugh all weekend?!!! :)

My fave memories:

Haggis hunting!

Our Saturday and Sunday morning hikes up in the hills

The campfire, helping Ben light the bloomin thing then burning all the marshmallows and ourselves at the same time! Also the funny songs.

Saturday night's ceilidh and our attempt at the Gay Gordons, Strip the Willow and the Dashing White Sergeant!

Saturday night hilarity with my bed and Dippy's brain!

Scarf making....grrr! Its fallen apart again!!! I'll have to get a loan of Sly's wooden thingys to start making it again but then she'll have to come up here and help me again!!

And last but very not least having a good gab and a laugh all weekend :)

jellycan

Rainbow Leader
Mine were getting to brown.owl better.
Watching people's faces with Ben's concoctions.
Plus the campfire singing, would've like to have joined in more with the actions though.

I'd also like to apologise for being anti-social most of the weekend, nothing against any of you lovely people.

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
It tookscotch about 4 attempts to get up to the top bunk on Saturday. Of course we helped by shouting encouraging words! LOL
I think in the end she took a run at it! I cant remember because I was laughing so much I started crying...then my brain fell out!
It didn't help that I was laughing so much I couldn't humph myself up!!!!!

balderick24

General Dogsbody
Making drinks and watching peoples faces ( thanks Hilz for the challenge)
The fire both making it with Amy and tending it with Gadget)
having an idiots guide to Edelweiss
quiet time at the fire
taking a quiet walk bymyself sun morning
Meeting freinds new and old