1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Big brownie birthday slumber - chester zoo - north west england

Discussion in 'Girlguiding North West England' started by louise34dd, Apr 9, 2014.

1. louise34dd

louise34dd Veteran (100+ posts)

Afternoon! Any Brownie Units in NWE going on this please?
    Looks a fab event! x

2. culcheth1

culcheth1 Veteran (100+ posts)

Not heard of anyone from our District going but it will be on the Agenda at the next District Meeting

3. kingfisherblue

kingfisherblue Veteran (100+ posts)

We have a LiT and she sent me a text when she saw it in the email from region. She's very keen, and so are the other leaders, but we haven't asked the parents yet. I might mention it this weekend, maybe when we get back from our county weekend away. I think t would be a great experience for the girls - and probably the leaders too!

4. Cazbly

Cazbly Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)

Parents are being asked and we will take it from there.

5. BigHedgehog

BigHedgehog Beginner (10+ posts)

We're asking parents too, but I don't know what the up take will be. They are paying a lot this year already

6. ellanutella

ellanutella Beginner (10+ posts)

We're going! About 20 girls are going on the "sleeping with the fishes" trip in May as well. Lots of good trips this year!

7. twitchy

twitchy Veteran (100+ posts)

Were going too!!

8. Chapman89

Chapman89 Veteran (100+ posts)

think we just doing the day event pricing up coaches this week. we are attending two county events so already asked for quite a large amount of money from the parents.

9. morris minor

morris minor Veteran (100+ posts)

We have decided to do the day (tails and trails) because we felt that asking adults to pay £50 per head to attend the event was a bit steep. (No problem with a cost, but paying the same as the girls when you are looking after them seemed unfair)
    We also thought it was a back to front plan. We know that Brownies don't sleep (much) on a sleepover, so the girls will be very tired for a day at the zoo.
    A day at the zoo followed by a sleepover would make more sense to us.

10. barnowl1980

barnowl1980 Brownie Leader

We have sent letter out and asked parents to let us know with the payment next week. So should know by Thursday.

11. Tishypops

Tishypops Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm gutted, because of the changes in leadership team in or unit and then our accounts being out for 3 months we have not been able to get places. We were told on friday that there were a few hundred spaces let so spoke to parents last night and when I contacted HQ this morning I was told it is now full :(

12. GeorgieB

GeorgieB Guide Unit Leader & Brownies Asst Leader

When we saw this we just went for it - we're taking 12 girls. Now maybe thinking that we are mad!!!

Just got all the paperwork through on Friday, so now need to get forms, kit lists to parents and organise a Parents' Meeting, and make lanterns - and only three Brownie Meetings to do it all! Eeeek! :eek:

13. Chapman89

Chapman89 Veteran (100+ posts)

forgot to book our coach ---- mad panick today ringing round but now have our coach booked, phew!

14. Cazbly

Cazbly Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)

For my bit of involvement - make lamp, turn up for coach, remember first aid kit - enjoy.

15. tawnyowlrules

tawnyowlrules (Newbie)

Know 5th Penwortham Brownies and 1st New Longton Brownies are both going for the Sunday.