• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Big Gig 2014

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Like Smartie said... I email the other guide units in our District with the original letter and they have up to 2 weeks to get the full ticket money to their guiders and then they give me the unit cheque and I send off the number of tickets that we have acquired. This year is 89 tickets from our District for Wembley and prior to getting this organised I contacted various local coach companies to get some quotes to get the cheapest and emailed back to say will be in touch once we have heard from Wembley etc. Coach companies up here have been brilliant, they understand as they've been before!!! Once I've worked out the final cost - insurance, coach, car park, wristbands, admin I add this up and divided the number of girls and they pay us first three weeks back at Guides in September - I know it's been money money since September but they knew how much it would cost as we roughly worked it out!!! It does annoy people that they are buying tickets in bulk and therefore leaving other units/districts unable to get any for their girls. Guiders need to think of what to do in future. Although I must admit that this year the deadline was very short and we only had two weeks to collect monies but not everyone meets on same nights and it wasn't fair on those who meet on wed or thur nights.

Well I'm just about to get things organised... seating plans so that we know where we're sitting, car park permits for each coach, just to put coach 1 and coach 2 with their unit names on.

Got to get my lunch and tea organised.................... and up early tomorrow!

senry

Veteran (100+ posts)
Well I'm just about to get things organised... seating plans so that we know where we're sitting, car park permits for each coach, just to put coach 1 and coach 2 with their unit names on.

Got to get my lunch and tea organised.................... and up early tomorrow!
That looks like my to do list only replace anything coach related with train and tube! Also up early tomorrow!

RMT

Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
We're a group of 44 traveling on coach for the evening performance, then travel back in the night, leaving here at 11am,

I only book tickets for those who have paid deposits £30 this year as the unit can't afford it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Kimberly Wyatt has been announced as the presenter. I hear that there could still be another 2 acts to be announced

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
My girls had a fab time last night

I have even had an email from a parent saying thanking me for giving her girls the opportunity to go and how much they enjoyed the gig and it will be a memory they wont ever forget.

Epona

Veteran (100+ posts)
My favourite moment from the afternoon performance:

[video=youtube_share;K5PKv9OPMmI]http://youtu.be/K5PKv9OPMmI[/video]