1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Big Gig 2014

Discussion in 'Day Trips and Outings' started by mustbemad, Nov 2, 2013.

1. exile

exile Veteran (100+ posts)

ah no. afternoon since we'll be back by half 8.

bother

2. *gwen*

*gwen* GIC Guide/SS GuiderPlus

Oh well, thanks for the offer thou

3. SomersetGuider

SomersetGuider (Newbie)

Hi gwen we have 6 evening spares ...and surplus leader ratio - we're a small group of 9 with 4 leaders get in touch if you would like to discuss :)

Esther

4. yorkie67

yorkie67 Div CA, GIC G, GIC R GuiderPlus

Like Smartie said... I email the other guide units in our District with the original letter and they have up to 2 weeks to get the full ticket money to their guiders and then they give me the unit cheque and I send off the number of tickets that we have acquired. This year is 89 tickets from our District for Wembley and prior to getting this organised I contacted various local coach companies to get some quotes to get the cheapest and emailed back to say will be in touch once we have heard from Wembley etc. Coach companies up here have been brilliant, they understand as they've been before!!! Once I've worked out the final cost - insurance, coach, car park, wristbands, admin I add this up and divided the number of girls and they pay us first three weeks back at Guides in September - I know it's been money money since September but they knew how much it would cost as we roughly worked it out!!! It does annoy people that they are buying tickets in bulk and therefore leaving other units/districts unable to get any for their girls. Guiders need to think of what to do in future. Although I must admit that this year the deadline was very short and we only had two weeks to collect monies but not everyone meets on same nights and it wasn't fair on those who meet on wed or thur nights.

Well I'm just about to get things organised... seating plans so that we know where we're sitting, car park permits for each coach, just to put coach 1 and coach 2 with their unit names on.

Got to get my lunch and tea organised.................... and up early tomorrow!

5. senry

senry Veteran (100+ posts)

That looks like my to do list only replace anything coach related with train and tube! Also up early tomorrow!

6. RMT

RMT Guide Leader GuiderPlus

We're a group of 44 traveling on coach for the evening performance, then travel back in the night, leaving here at 11am,

I only book tickets for those who have paid deposits £30 this year as the unit can't afford it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. *gwen*

I think we might be sorted, but if it changes will let you know. Thanks for the offer

8. *gwen*

Kimberly Wyatt has been announced as the presenter. I hear that there could still be another 2 acts to be announced

9. alexp44

alexp44 Guide Guider, Div Media Advisor + Ranger

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  10. yorkie67

yorkie67 Div CA, GIC G, GIC R GuiderPlus

who is she????? LOL!

11. senry

senry Veteran (100+ posts)

doing risk assessment - what to put on it! my brain is dead!

12. *gwen*

My girls had a fab time last night

I have even had an email from a parent saying thanking me for giving her girls the opportunity to go and how much they enjoyed the gig and it will be a memory they wont ever forget.

13. Epona

Epona Veteran (100+ posts)

My favourite moment from the afternoon performance:

[video=youtube_share;K5PKv9OPMmI]http://youtu.be/K5PKv9OPMmI[/video]