• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Booking and payment details

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
G2G11 Cardiff (The welsh adventure part 2) will be held at Caeglas (www.caeglasgirlguiding.com) from 26th to 28th April 2013.

We have booked the house and campsite, so if people wish to camp they are welcome. Tents are available on site at no extra cost so no need to lug them across the country.

The cost will be £40 to stay in the house and £35 to camp. Only 30 spaces are available indoors with 10 - 15 spaces outdoors. In the case of oversubscription a waiting list will be created.

To secure a place at the event, we will require an email and a £10 deposit. Your place will not be guaranteed until both these requirements have been met.

If you wish, you may pay the entire cost now, if not, then the balance is payable by 1st April 2013.

The application process is as follows:

1. Send an email to g2g11wales@hotmail.co.uk saying you would like to come. Please include your forum name, whether you wish to sleep indoors or outdoors and any special requirements.

2. Pay your £10 deposit. This can be done via paypal as a personal payment to g2g11wales@hotmail.co.uk (our preferred method and, again, include your forum name, please!) but we can accept cheque (please tell us in your email).

If you have reserved a place and agreed with the team to pay by cheque, you will have 7 days to do so before your place is offered to someone else.

Thanks!

Last edited:

hopelessguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I would be happy to camp - but am not sure yet if I can make this weekend (I reallllllly want to). What is the deadline for booking a camping place? It says places are unlimited, but i just wanted to check when you need definate numbers by.

Smiley

I would be happy to camp - but am not sure yet if I can make this weekend (I reallllllly want to). What is the deadline for booking a camping place? It says places are unlimited, but i just wanted to check when you need definate numbers by.
Nothing needs to be set in stone until the new year at the earliest.

We said camping would be unlimited but in hind sight we are considering limited the total number of participants (indoor and outdoor) to 45-50 for catering purposes.

Smiley

A final decision has been made regarding total numbers for the G2G. The total number will be under 45.

Brandie

Veteran (100+ posts)
E mailed
this is me being brave :) I don't know anyone and I don't normally drive outside my area but prob will to this so if anyone needs a lift from
between here and there I can do that x

Chandra

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
You'll be fine - the very first G2G was the scariest as no one knew anyone!! And we all survived the weekend of meeting up with total strangers we met on the Internet!!

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
You'll be fine - the very first G2G was the scariest as no one knew anyone!! And we all survived the weekend of meeting up with total strangers we met on the Internet!!
Ahhhhh that first g2g. That was scary. I was having visions that I might be meeting some axe murderers or something. But obviously I didn't and I'm still here lol. Plus I made some fantastic friends.

Anyone remember room 5? Hahaha

jim

GuiderPlus
I was a bit nervouse on 1st G2G being only male there turned out great didnt take long to get to know every one

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
Very tempted & found very cheap bus fair from London with MegaBus (some of them are only a £1 / £7 each way).

Won't be able to book yet, as need to see whats going on next year (Pack Holiday etc), so I will let you know when I can.

Never done one before, what sort of times do people arrive Fri & leave Sun??

Would be travelling from Ipswich/London if anyone else is coming from this area!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Ahhhhh that first g2g. That was scary. I was having visions that I might be meeting some axe murderers or something. But obviously I didn't and I'm still here lol. Plus I made some fantastic friends.

Anyone remember room 5? Hahaha
Room 5 was that quiet room wasn't it?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Brandie

Veteran (100+ posts)
:) Thanks feel reassured about the new people bit, just need to get some driving confidence too ooh and I realised I said I'd be willing to give lifts but didn't say where I am (Llanelli)

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just found that Tesco Clubcard, now have a site that you can book train fair - redspottedhankie. So thats the fair over to Cardiff covered, just got to wait on dates.