• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Booking and payment details

Chandra

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
:) Thanks feel reassured about the new people bit, just need to get some driving confidence too ooh and I realised I said I'd be willing to give lifts but didn't say where I am (Llanelli)
Caeglas is off the Culverhouse Cross junction off the M4, so coming from Llanelli straightforward! Don't worry you don't have to go into Cardiff at all to get there!

Brandie

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm getting there slowly don't drive much out of this area though, although I'm braving Broneirion the end of the week for lack of space in everyone elses cars

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
Very tempted & found very cheap bus fair from London with MegaBus (some of them are only a £1 / £7 each way).

Won't be able to book yet, as need to see whats going on next year (Pack Holiday etc), so I will let you know when I can.

Never done one before, what sort of times do people arrive Fri & leave Sun??

Would be travelling from Ipswich/London if anyone else is coming from this area!
I am coming from Suffolk, I will prob come down a few days early to see friends but could probably offer a lift back if you need it x

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Never done one before, what sort of times do people arrive Fri & leave Sun??
It really depends on the organisers and how far you are travelling.

Generally (but I am sure the organisers would be able to confirm nearer the time), people arrive after 4/5pm on the Friday, although people travelling after work or a long way are sometimes known to arrive 10/11pm or even around midnight!

Sundays again depend on the organisers and how they have arranged the hiring of the hall. Some people leave after breakfast if they have a train to catch or a long journey, but most stay for lunch and give a hand to clear up afterwards (this is wonderful, as one of the organisers of G2G8 I was VERY appreciative of those who helped - many hands make light work!). If the kick out of the hall is earlier though, then obviously timings would have to change.

Not a very helpful reply, I'm afraid, as it generally depends on things which change from venue to venue, but hope it gives you a little more of an insight to timings...

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
It really depends on the organisers and how far you are travelling.

Generally (but I am sure the organisers would be able to confirm nearer the time), people arrive after 4/5pm on the Friday, although people travelling after work or a long way are sometimes known to arrive 10/11pm or even around midnight!

Sundays again depend on the organisers and how they have arranged the hiring of the hall. Some people leave after breakfast if they have a train to catch or a long journey, but most stay for lunch and give a hand to clear up afterwards (this is wonderful, as one of the organisers of G2G8 I was VERY appreciative of those who helped - many hands make light work!). If the kick out of the hall is earlier though, then obviously timings would have to change.

Not a very helpful reply, I'm afraid, as it generally depends on things which change from venue to venue, but hope it gives you a little more of an insight to timings...
Thank you, that does help. It gives me an idea on what goes on xx

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
Due to lack of suitable facilities, it has now been decided that this will be a female only G2G. Sorry guys.

Dolphin-Brownie

Veteran (100+ posts)
Daft question alert! Are they individual tents or are the sharing? I'm going to send my deposit either way, but that will affect whether I'm inside or out...

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
I would assume it's whatever you rock up with and pitch... So if you want to organise a tent share, you can.

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
You didn't misread it at all. Think you have the option of either bringing your own or using a tent that the venue can provide which would mean you don't have to lug yours on the journey. Id pm smiley or Chandra to ask about the tents.

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
Daft question alert! Are they individual tents or are the sharing? I'm going to send my deposit either way, but that will affect whether I'm inside or out...
We have the use of the county camping supplies in with the hire of the site. There is everything you may need: Ground sheets, self inflating mats, tents of all shapes and sizes.

From memory there are 1 man to 5 man lightweights and 3 man to 8 man heavy canvas. When you arrive you can select your tent.

As for sharing it is up to you.