• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Brighton accommodation for nephew ideas

Elaine-Melanie

Veteran (100+ posts)
My 35 year old nephew has got a job in Brighton starting 5th January and is seriously struggling to find affordable accommodation. His preference is to live alone of course, but. Ant find anything in his budget-he is going to be an office manager so not high salary. Any ideas friends of anything temporary even as time is running out for him to find something and I am a worried Aunite! Thanks.

missq

Veteran (100+ posts)
Brighton city centre can be expensive if going it alone, he might find it better to look out towards, portslade, hangleton, patcham or bevendean and might have to consider a house share in short term till he is down and then gets a handle on where he would prefer. Buses are very reliable and regular across the city.

if he can't find anything would he consider looking on airbnb?

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
Kipps Hostel (Kipps Hostel), near pier, is very good. More for backpackers etc, but they do have single rooms and I think there are people who stay for longer sessions. May tide him over until he finds something more permanent? I think there are a couple of other similar places - Google backpacker hostel.