• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Brownie Camp Badge

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
Does anyone have any brilliant ideas about how I can help one of my Brownies complete her camp badges when we don't camp as a unit?
I think this was asked a long time ago but I thought I would ask again in case anyone had any new ideas or is taking their girls camping and would like a few extra bodies.
She is working her way through the badges and puts a lot of effort into each one (I don't want to open the whole reasons for earning badges can of worms) but she will only be with us for another 9 months or so and promised I would look into all opportunities for her.
we are based on Norfolk/Suffolk border and she is quite a confident 9 year old (a bit too cheeky some days).

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Does your County's camp adviser know of any units in the area who do Brownie camping? Could the unit camp - either as an individual unit or as part of a District or Division Brownie Camp?

I fear you will find that in some areas Brownie camping is not common, and your chances of getting a space or spaces for girls may well be related to the potential the unit has for providing camp staff to accompany, as lack of staff is often the biggest barrier to Brownie camping.

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
I have checked with Division so I will now try county. We have no camp equipment ourselves and little experience. We are on Pack Holiday in October already. I think we could provide an adult to accompany her. In the past we have toyed with the idea of a district sixer/second camp but never got very far with it.

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
I managed to find a unit that was attending our county pack holiday in tents and she joined them. We have also found a free location to run a sixer/second camp for our unit in september. Lots of calling in favours but hopefully it will work out.