• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

brownies in southern germany

shackademus

Veteran (100+ posts)
I have a brownie moving to southern Germany and see on the bgifc website that there are units in southern Germany but does anyone know where they are and how to find out more about them?

also is there a scouting equivalent of bgifc?

thanks

Hilary

Guide Guider and District Commissioner
GuiderPlus
I have a brownie moving to southern Germany and see on the bgifc website that there are units in southern Germany but does anyone know where they are and how to find out more about them?

thanks
Doesn't Join Us work for BGIFC?

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
I just tried finding a place for Flossie Jones in Paderborn ( cos I know BGIFC are there) through Join Us and it let me do it even with a fictitous address, giving me the BGIFC units

So maybe try that if Brownie knows the town.

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Join Us does work for BGIFC.
If you have no luck with JU, PM me and I'll check the latest BGIFC directory for a contact

shackademus

Veteran (100+ posts)
thanks everyone. looks like munich is the nearest place with guiding and scouting units are only in the north, wikipedia reckons there are 150 different scout and guide associations and federations in germany though so might look local!

capercaillie

Beginner (10+ posts)
BGIFC Units

The best way to find out where there are units in BGIFC is to contact our Administrator, Jane Sheridan at CHQ, you can find her email on the BGIFC website. I certainly know that there were units in Munich, and that Germany is a County ( BGIG ) known as British Guides in Germany.

Juliee

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm a Guide leader and DC for Munich.
We have 2 Brownie units here in Munich, one central/south-east and at BIS (Bavarian International School).
Otherwise there's a Brownie unit near Stuttgart.
As far as I know there are no other units in Southern Germany - where were you looking for ?