• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Cambridgeshire West Badge

Hi

Recently moved to the area and need to get a new metal county badge for my badge tab. I just moved into cambridgeshire west which seems to be a diamond type shape in a greeny colour.

I tried looking for this at girlguiding anglia and on the cambridgeshire west items for sale but they only seem to sell the county standard badges. (Which i accidently ordered thinking it was the right thing...ooops). Does anyone know where i can get this badge from?

Thanks

Hilary

Guide Guider and District Commissioner
GuiderPlus
County badges are normally sold by the county badge secretary. Have you asked local Leaders?

Spiderplant

Veteran (100+ posts)
They are sold by the County badge secretary, I am not sure what her name is. If you look on this link http://www.girlguidingcambswest.org.uk/info I realise it just tells you how to buy things you aren't looking for... but I think they also sell the badge so I would contact them as instructed. Or use the contact form on the website to ask for the badge secretary's details.

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Have you checked with the unit if they intent on issuing you with one? I wouldn't expect leaders to have to buy there own county badge.

Thanks for replies. i didn't spot the comment about getting in contact for badges and other bits, just read the bits for sale!

When i met with the join us person just after i moved to the area they said that they would provide one (i already had everything else as i was already a guider). However that was in june and as they havent been terribly well organsied with other queries i have since asked about, i thought i would just go ahead and get one myself.