• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Centenary G2G - An idea

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Just an idea for a G2G during the centenary - a G2G held on Brownsea Island. I was thinking that I'd really like to go during teh centenary, then thought it might make a good location for a G2G!

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
That would be fun - If like charmed I can afford it - and it isnt to close to caledonia 2010 or fusion etc

hopelessguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm off to Brownsea island this weekend for the centenary launch. I'm really looking forward to it as it's been in my diary since before launch weekend was announced! You could have come with us Jenn!

Sarah:)

ChrisA

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I'm off to Brownsea island this weekend for the centenary launch. I'm really looking forward to it as it's been in my diary since before launch weekend was announced! You could have come with us Jenn!

Sarah:)
We have had this planned since November 2003

Chris

they call me tulip

Veteran (100+ posts)
Like most people have said if I can afford it and if its in school hols as when you work in a school yes you may get 12 weeks a year hols but you hve to have them when they say

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
We have had this planned since November 2003

Chris
Yeah, I know, but when you first announced it, I didn't really want to commit to anything at the time. Plus I start my first teaching job on Monday, so don't want to go too far from home... Stafford will do nicely!

I got invited to go camping with my Ranger unit from home, but even though that is only 100 miles away, I still didn't want to risk getting stranded anywhere...

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
I had this in my diary too but never got round to say yes to go there this weekend! As I wasn't 100% sure what my husband was going to do as he was thinking of going to Gilwell Reunion too!

Anyway I recently visited Brownsea Island last Friday and we had a good day out there. Hope you get nice weather this weekend!

that sounds fab always wanted to go there. We wanted to hold you youth forum there one year but the time of year we wanted to do it they weren't open for campers etc etc.

Ceebeeby

Brownie & Guide Leader
Sounds good fun - me too if it's a week-end. I'd be happy to take a car full from this area (there's quite a few of us on here!) to share costs / keep costs low!