• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Centenary Scrapbook

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I didn't make one, though I have made and finished my one from Sangam last year :)

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
It does take a bit of careful trimming, so that the ends don't split (and some sand papering, so that the ends aren't too sharp), but it doesn't look too bad. Have only had the patience to complete one photo though !
If you lay them flat & cut with a sharp craft /stanley knife, you should be able to cut through them easily without snapping, usually in one cut, so they don't have sharp ends (from years of using them for model making in uni). If they're thick, turn over & cut from both sides.

Orly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you Rugbynutter; will try that next time. I think I need to re-do the backing of the spread as well. Have done the single page for the stamps and most of the double page for Foxlease since first posting on this thread. I think I'm done with scrapbooking for the next couple of days !

they call me tulip

Veteran (100+ posts)
I must be mad I did one with the Rainbows - each girl did one event. Brownies we did it all in one evening (the beauty of having a laptop and a picture mate). Ive also done one for myself it has bits from rainbows, brownies, district and adult celebrations. I just have the vision page to do.

naim

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
My photos turned up in the post today so I have no excuses in getting on with my scrapbook!!

ice

Veteran (100+ posts)
ive done stage 1 stage 1a and stage 1.1 - bought a scrapbook, decided had too much bought a second, put all stuff in a bag, have a feeling its like my camp blanket a long project :p

victoria

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
will one pages worth count

Thinking about it i have the division prom scrapbook with the girls signatures but im just waiting for the pictures

mumbeth

Veteran (100+ posts)
Finished our Brownie one a few months ago. Used the guiding scrapbook plus extra pages (lots). Girls loved adding to it over the year.
I'm still working my way through our archives making scrapbooks of the decades.

cerys80

Brownie Leader
ummmm feels guilty .. have a bag of stuff, official scrapbook and bits ... flyers, programmes, stickers, print outs, etc, etc all in a bag down the side of the sofa in the front room and I've done just 1 page on visit to HC Flower Show last year and the GGUK garden and mini gardens, etc. Wondering if I will ever do it now :( Need to do blanket sewing first with DD's camp and pack hol looming ...

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I've just added my Vision pages to mine (only 2 - I'd run out of inspiration & pictures by then!). Link in my signature

naim

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I thankfully kept everything together as the year went on, though it is all bundled (probably ruined by now) in a couple of plasic bags. And my photos were all stored together on the comp so easy to print them. Organised in that way, just got to get on and do it now!!

I have finished mine!!! Or at least I thought I had, now I want to find a couple of bits from when i was a brownie and also the adult membership card from the centenary year. When it is eventually done hopefully in a couple of days I will post pics. I am so proud of it, I have never done one before and sm really pleased at how it has come out.

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I have finished mine!!! Or at least I thought I had, now I want to find a couple of bits from when i was a brownie and also the adult membership card from the centenary year. When it is eventually done hopefully in a couple of days I will post pics. I am so proud of it, I have never done one before and sm really pleased at how it has come out.
Well done - can't wait to see pics :)