• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Changes to Baden Powell Challenge

mustbemad

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi - I read somewhere that changes to the Baden Powell challenge are to be notified by the end of the year. Does anyone know if they will be major, as we have a girl thinking of starting the challenge at present. Thanks

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I believe that it is getting replaced by the new end of section award, which will be based off of the new programme six part structure. The advice that we had was not to start any girls who wouldn’t be finished by the end of the change over period next year, and to bear in mind that there might be a high demand for BP adventure places.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
The advice that we had was not to start any girls who wouldn’t be finished by the end of the change over period next year, and to bear in mind that there might be a high demand for BP adventure places.

Whilst this is correct, realistically, the new programme will only be introduced next Autumn and there will be a transitional period. What is important is that your County Advisors know who is /about to start so the adventure aspect can be factored in. Whilst normally it should be one of the last modules to be completed, it may be wise to ensure it is completed before they disappear..if indeed they do.

mustbemad

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks! The idea of delaying starters when we don't know what they might get to do instead doesn't seem very realistic! I will keep an eye on the Adventure aspect.