• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Craft Share

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I dont have a craft to share, but I do have a big project im working on that I could do with some help on.... I'll put the stuff in the car!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

growlywench

Veteran (100+ posts)
Would anyone be interested in decorating a mug? I'm happy to provide the mugs and ceramic pens, and if there's room in Dolly's oven we can bake them there, or I can bring little instruction sheets and they can be baked at home (as they're pens not paints don't have to worry about drying time or the mess :) )
That's my kind of activity, yes please :)

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Yes please andyes please. Mug sounds ace. Only problem with pyro pen is do we have stuff to play With.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Can I play with pyro stuff? I was deprived as a guide, and only done it once, at g2g5!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Also.... I have some half used ceramic pens. Happy to chuck them in for those that might be decorating mugs as extra pens come in handy!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'd love to decorate a mug and try pyrography (sp?). Only ever tried it once, last year, and would love to have another go especially as I have an idea for something using this.

kathrynha

Veteran (100+ posts)
Pyrography pen out, along with wooden shapes.

Also got out my wood carving tools, that I bought cheap last year, but never managed to get in to, but happy to let people play. They need more blocks of wood than flat wood, so feel free to bring along anything you think might by suitable.

Disclaimer - pyrography nib gets hot and carving tools are sharp, but I accept no responsibility for accidents!

senry

Veteran (100+ posts)
Would anyone be interested in decorating a mug? I'm happy to provide the mugs and ceramic pens, and if there's room in Dolly's oven we can bake them there, or I can bring little instruction sheets and they can be baked at home (as they're pens not paints don't have to worry about drying time or the mess :) )
if i can find them i can bring a few spear pens!

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
I'm lacking in craft ideas to bring... but i wondered if you guys would like to share the results of a craft i'm rather good at... Just took a choc cake out of the oven. :)

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
as an interloper here... can you get enough "music books" cheaply enough with tunes in that kids know for boomwackers? always wondered as some boomwackers I've seen only have 8 wackers, so 8 notes?

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
as an interloper here... can you get enough "music books" cheaply enough with tunes in that kids know for boomwackers? always wondered as some boomwackers I've seen only have 8 wackers, so 8 notes?
That is a whole Octave of diatonics - you can add the chromatics if required for your flats and sharps.

But with a whole Octave at your disposal - you have the most tremendous range with 100,000's and 100,000's of tunes covered.

Edit/update/whatever - seem to be quite a lot of boomwhacker books on Amazon if you are struggling: ideal for rainbows and brownies: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boomwhacker...al-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1336596372&sr=1-10

Last edited:

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I also don't really have a craft to bring and share. However, in my badge sewing kit I have severla different coloured threads that suit most badge edgings that I am happy to share, so would that count?