• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Crystal Palace Pilgrimage

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I am planning on going to London a day or so early, but am thinking about going to Crystal Palace to go to the maze, and also just to see where it all started, on the Friday before heading up to teh campsite.

Would anyone be interested in coming with me on this one?

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Depends on what I'm doing work-wise and what time I need to get to the site! But I would love to see the maze :)

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Scotchmi5t and I are arriving at silly-o'clock on the Friday morning so think we could be up for that.

Having our own mini-pilgrimage to the Guide Shop too, seeing we're from the wilds of Scotland and all that! ;)

Susi

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Why don't we all go together? Could meet you somewhere (not a clue where, its a big place is London) at lunch time?

:)

Susi

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I might be up for this too, i need to sort out where I am arriving from first, it could be Reading or Nottingham....Or Bristol!

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Im not going to be at the g2g but a good meeting place is the members lounge in gg hq
theres tea coffee making stuff etc and its cosy

pennya

Veteran (100+ posts)
I need to check if I have the Thursday off (is that the day we're talking about?) but if so then I would definitely be interested.

And the lounge downstairs at CHQ is lovely, a real lifesaver where tea is concerned!

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I think they're talking about going on the Friday Penny, before heading over to the G2G4 site, from what Jenn said in her original post, but I could be wrong!

pennya

Veteran (100+ posts)
I think they're talking about going on the Friday Penny, before heading over to the G2G4 site, from what Jenn said in her original post, but I could be wrong!
I blame my painkillers. I am so not the brightest bunny today. I probably won't on Friday as it'll be a bit much for me to do in a day. But I'm going to try and take the girls at some point this year I think. Take pictures though!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Yeah, I was thinking Friday. I am maybe going to go to London on Thursday, as there's several other things I want to do as well (either that, or I get a very early train), but was going to go on Friday so that I don't have to buy a 2 zone ticket one day and 4 zone the day after. Pus I'm guessing there'll be more of us in London on Friday!

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
What time we arriving Scotchmi5t? Some un-holy hour like 6.15 am!! hehe!

I've got one of them Oyster cards, need to top it up when I get there but they are brill!! not srue what the deal is with them but I think it caps your travel costs at something lower than an all zone day ticket.

We only spent about £10 between us last weekend we were in London. (either that or the machine was busted!)

Can it not be this weekend? ! All excited already!

:clown:

Susi