• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Crystal Palace Pilgrimage

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
CHQ have lockers - not huge but 4 of us managed to squish day bags & jumpers in one at the first london meet up.

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Fantastic news!

Might try and get in touch with them anyway, just to be sure.

Do we need to bring bedding with us to G2G4? That'll be the big deciding factor on bag size I guess.

Which reminds me, need to send balance of cost, eek!

*runs off to right a cheque*

CHQ have lockers - not huge but 4 of us managed to squish day bags & jumpers in one at the first london meet up.

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'd love to come to the maze with you all - though I was planning on driving round to G2G4, so it would be a bit weird to get into the centre of london, get back home then set off for G2G!

Though I think I will have to take our guides - maybe fit in with a trip on the London Eye and gain some more points towards Adventure 100!

coolandme

Ex-Brownie GiC, Ranger, Tawny Owl
Fantastic news!

Might try and get in touch with them anyway, just to be sure.

Do we need to bring bedding with us to G2G4? That'll be the big deciding factor on bag size I guess.

Which reminds me, need to send balance of cost, eek!

*runs off to right a cheque*

I will poke people to confirm, but you'll need a sleeping bag/blanket (if you want it) and possibly a pillow. Not sure if you'll need a bottom sheet or not.

coolandme

Ex-Brownie GiC, Ranger, Tawny Owl
Sadly not Jenn (would have made life easier for me too!) I'll have a look through stuff and double check though but from photos there's no bedding provided

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
You guys will have to count me out i'm afraid - as much as i'd love to do it - i've got to do the shopping in the morning so i can feed you!!!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Right, should we say, then, 12pm in the lounge bit at CHQ for anyone wanting to go? That shoud give us time to get there and back, as well as getting dindins at some point.

I'll be in London at 10-30 if anyone wants to meet up sooner.

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
I think that sounds very much like a plan Jenn!!

See you there

:)

Susi

Right, should we say, then, 12pm in the lounge bit at CHQ for anyone wanting to go? That shoud give us time to get there and back, as well as getting dindins at some point.

I'll be in London at 10-30 if anyone wants to meet up sooner.

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm still tempted to join you - I've worked out how to avoid having to go all the way back home again to get my stuff & car. which would have taken ages. :)
might depend what I'm working in the days beforehand though so will let you know.

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
Are we still on for this?

I'm trying to get organised now for G2G as I'm leaving for it this Friday - Cause I walk really slowly ;)

Would be good to work out who is going, might be worth getting at least someone's number incase I'm delayed.

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I think we're still meeting - hte only other people who have definitely said they aew going are Susi and Scotchmist, but I reckon there'lll be others as well.

I'll PM you with my mobile no.

I'm up for this but i may meet you guys down there or on the train at clapham (on its way through), depenging on what time i can get my arse in to gear following work in the morning.

But will deff be there prob with kit and alcohol in tow!

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm deffo gonna meet with you guys and go to crystal palace!
let me know where/when to meet. :)

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
Just wondering...would one of you lovely ladies meeting at CHQ possibly be able to get me 2 crystal palace cloth badges from the shop? I took my Brownies to the maze and ICANDO today (it was quite good fun!!) and got a badge for them all, but forgot to get one for either my camp blanket or the brownie unit one!!

I would be sooooo greatful and will give you the money when we meet at G2G4!!!!

Thanks