1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? Day Trip First Aid Kit List

Discussion in 'Day Trips and Outings' started by ziggycj, Jun 18, 2016.

1. ziggycj

ziggycj Beginner (10+ posts)

Hi,

What items need to be included in the First Aid Kit for a day trip or outing?

Thanks

2. elenopa

elenopa Brownie Guider

I don't know if there is a specific list, but I have a pre-packed rucksack that I can just grab. It has a first aid kit with a range of dressings/plasters, scissors, pins, tweasers; packs of tissues; sick bags; nappy sacks; a water bottle; spare clothing; wet wipes.

3. JJJJ1980

JJJJ1980 Brownie Leader x 3

That will depend on your risk assessment. Mine generally has plasters, dressings, cool pack. I also carry a bottle of water plus whatever extras the risk assessment throws up.

4. ziggycj

Thanks. What do you do regarding sting cream or sun lotion etc. You don't do health forms for day trips so is it OK to give basic things.

5. JJJJ1980

JJJJ1980 Brownie Leader x 3

I generally mention it on consent forms and ask parents to tell me if they don't want it applied. And ask girls to bring their own sun cream.

6. ziggycj

Oh, good idea. Good to know for future. I've already sent out the consent forms but will add this on for future events. Thanks. I'll stick with the basic (no lotions, potions) kit for this trips.

7. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

There is no specific list, as it partly depends on your activities - for instance, if you're doing activities in country areas you might want to include suitable wound wash fluid, some bandages, and medications for insect stings - in urban areas this would not be so relevant.