• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Descriptive Quotations

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
I was remembering the weekend and being a bit bored at work i went looking on the internet to see if i could find some interesting quotes to complement behaviours in the evenings.

I found a few. See what you think...

Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness. ~Seneca

I drink only to make my friends seem interesting. ~Don Marquis

How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink? ~Author Unknown

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat. Alex Levine
(though i think dizzy's butter tea came close ;) )
Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy. Frank Sinatra

When the wine goes in, strange things come out. ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
~ It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend, one's present or future thirst, the excellence of the wine, or any other reason. ~ Latin Proverb
~ Responsible Drinking? Now that's an Oxymoron. ~ Aaron Howard
Then i wanted to balance it out with some about the weekend and people in general...

"You'll always be my best friend, you know too much!"
"When it hurts to look back and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."
"Your friends are what will matter in the end."
"Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they are meant to be there; they serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or help you figure out who you are."

"Friends are like your second family only closer"
"Friends are like bras...they give lots of support"
(though i think a few of you at least are like my corset i wore on saturday!)

But this one is perfect to describe the weekend in it's entirety...

"We've shared many smiles and many tears, but nothing beats the laughter."

coolandme

Ex-Brownie GiC, Ranger, Tawny Owl
Would it be possible for someone to post the quote sheet that everyone wrote on?
I believe it went in Lynz's case (well neither me nor Claratrix has it and I don't think BO took it home!) She's offline mostly for the next week or two but I think the intention was to post them online anyway

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
That would be great!

One I remember, and it sums up some of the randomness of the weekend was Lynz's 'I want a dinosaur damn it and I keep getting Quality Streets!'

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
you are making me cry reading these as they are so true about all of you and my frineds that I have here at uni!

pennya

Veteran (100+ posts)
They are so lovely Brown Owl, and yes Jenn I imagine it would have to be heavily edited :confused: from what I remember.

And the status updates too!