• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Diamond Jubilee procession

saramb

Unit Guide Leader
We applied for tickets last week. We have made the decision that even if we don't get tickets we are going down as it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity and have already booked hotel and sorting out train tickets.

saramb

Unit Guide Leader
I received an email yesterday to say we had received tickets. Reading the information we were sent it is going to be a really good day.

saramb

Unit Guide Leader
Hotel prices in London that weekend are very expensive - way higher than usual
We booked the St Giles on Tottenham Court Road for exactly the same price as my sister paid last month (£99 a room).

When I was looking at hotels such as Premier and Travelodge for example I didn't find them to be any different in price to what I normally have to book them at for work.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
aside from the procession is there going to be anything else going on? (I dont mean that ignorantly just wondered if anyone knew anything as the info was a bit vauge)

saramb

Unit Guide Leader
aside from the procession is there going to be anything else going on? (I dont mean that ignorantly just wondered if anyone knew anything as the info was a bit vauge)
From the flyer we received with our email there is a fly past in the afternoon, a 60 gun salute, military bands

saramb

Unit Guide Leader
that is for a twin/family room. We had looked at Pax Lodge earlier in the year but were told they wouldn't be able to accommodate us - had hoped to do Pack Holiday at the time.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
had a great time...hope everyone else did. When we got home our unit saw ourselves on ITV news and were so excited!

Mum asked me this and for once I didnt know...was there a badge produced for the day?