1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? Editing posts...

Discussion in 'Website Related' started by pipperpa, Nov 21, 2017.

1. pipperpa

pipperpa Beginner (10+ posts) GuiderPlus

Hi,

From recollection on the "old" forum you could go back in to a previous post and edit it - I don't think I'm making this up/muddling it up with a different forum. This was a really useful function as I have a habit of coming back to posts and realising that there are lots of mistakes within it or I have forgotten to say something. Is this possible on the current forum and if so how do I go about it? I had a quick search about the website and couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

If it exists it is probably right under my nose and I'm not seeing it!

Thanks.

2. Tregi

Tregi Veteran (100+ posts)

just underneath your own post it should say edit, delete and something else - it's not very big and not obvious, but it is there!!!

3. pipperpa

Hmm...I've got "bookmark" beside my username and the time of the post on the lower left and the post number and "reply" to the right but no "edit" etc...

upload_2017-11-21_16-30-46.png

4. pipperpa

Also while i'm asking questions...I still appear to have the GuiderPlus banner but to the best my knowledge that was cancelled 18 months or so ago...

5. browniebeth

browniebeth Brownie Leader Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

It should be along the very bottom of the post you made, next to the time you posted it? You don't need to click on anything, once you've posted it should be there.

Failing that, I can see an edit button using my special mod privileges...so if you're desperate and still don't seem to have it, feel free to give me instructions!

6. browniebeth

Check whether you're still paying for it! Chances are things haven't been updated though....

7. browniebeth

Don't know if it's more obvious on the mobile version?

8. pipperpa

Definitely don't have that option - I've sign on to the mobile version too and it doesn't show up there either. Must be a blip with my profile for some reason. I'll just try to proofread my posts better before hitting send...

9. Tregi

Tregi Veteran (100+ posts)

if you use tapatalk as an app to access the forum from a phone, mine makes me select my post, then shows a little tools icon (screwdriver crossed with a spanner) which lets me edit.....

10. pipperpa

Very weird but it is definitely not showing on my account. Checked on pc, mobile and tapatalk. Oh well. Not the end of the world. Just have to get better at expressing myself the first time! Tend to rewrite posts multiple times and when reading them back a while later I realise I've not finished sentences or left out words/thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk