• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Evidence...

littlemadangel

Leader In Training
I started my Leadership Qualification in March 2015. I'll be honest and say the book was intimidating me (although I had a meeting with my mentor when starting) so I'd not filled a lot of it in.

Last week when I was off work for a few days, I took it out and had a good stab at it..figured out I'd done lots more than I thought I had (been with this unit helping for over 2 years but we were between District Comms, lost my references, took me ages to get off Join us and onto GO etc etc)

So to get to my question - most of my evidence is basicaly typed up sheets explaining what I've done. Is this enough? Or do I really need photos and examples of crafts and everything else because I haven't kept these and we don't take a lot of photos as a unit..

After 2 years of being left in the dark & me & my fabulous unit leader having to do ALL the chasing (We must have asked for the LQ book for me 3 times), I'm starting to get a bit fed up!

(My mentor goes abroad for 6 months of the year so its sometimes easier to ask here!!)

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
If it doesn't slip easily into the book, then it is too much IMO. You really don't need to include masses of evidence. Just a sentence or two where relevant.

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
As a mentor - keep it slim - 3 or 4 sheets of decent evidence is better than 2 tons!

If it does no fit in the folder, you have too much evidence. More important is getting sign off by a host of people - unit members, other unit leaders etc.

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
If you've been working with the unit for 2 years - actively working, planning & organising bits & pieces, attending a few events & trainings, you're right, you probably have done quite a lot but just not thought of ticking it off - although be honest with yourself about anything that happened way to early counting.

Would agree that if you've been given a folder - often a plastic A4 wallet - that's a clue that that's all that we want to see filled. If it's a lever-arch file, its way too much!

Photos are often easier - as it's a simple display of what happened - but they're certainly not "required" .

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I think that you will have done most of what you need to have done. What you probably would benefit from is a sit down with either your mentor or if she's away, your DC.
A fresh pair of eyes may see a lot of what you have achieved and the discussion points can bring other clauses together.

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

One of our DCs has said the lady who signs off our LQ's when they're complete, absolutely LOVES seeing signatures and comments from Brownies and Guides :D

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
Some mentors and verifiers insist on masses of evidence and will only allow signatures from them and no one else (being absolutely honest here, and yes, I have emailed CC about it)

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
if you've got a record of what you've done, and things like minutes from planning meetings/ district meetings etc then you just need someone to sign off the book for each thing