1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? Forms for Brownies sponsored walk

Discussion in 'Day Trips and Outings' started by Dr F, Nov 17, 2014.

  1. Dr F

    Dr F Beginner (10+ posts)

    May 12, 2010
    Likes Received:
    I need some clarification!
    I've advised our new Brownies leader where my dd attends (I'm a Guide leader) that for the sponsored walk (easy countryside about 2 miles) she is organising that she will need to have event/info consent forms and health forms as the walk will be outside of the normal meeting time and place, am I correct in saying that health forms are required for a walk? I know the local commissioner would need to be informed but does there need to be a home contact set up? It was suggested by another Brownie leader that the starting forms would cover the consent for this event - this isn't right is it?
    One other point - if the parent attends with their daughter do they need any forms at all?

    Thanks for any help in advance :)
  2. Tregi

    Tregi Veteran (100+ posts)

    Jun 2, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Health forms only required for overnights. Home contact should be set up. Starting brownies Doesn't cover this event. Every under 18 member needs a form.
  3. rachelgibbs

    rachelgibbs Beginner (10+ posts)

    Jun 3, 2012
    Likes Received:
    From the manual:

    For Lowland countryside:

    Participants must have completed an Information and Consent for Event/Activity form and carry a completed Health Information form. If younger than Guide age, these must be carried by the Leader.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

Share This Page