• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Forum Guiding Acronyms...

twitchy

Veteran (100+ posts)
So glad it has been unlocked...managed to guess a few of the Acroynms but struggled with a few? is this just me getting old?

Jane Thin

Veteran (100+ posts)
First time I helped at Guide camp, at the first meeting, I saw I had been allocated the job of GDB. I was so chuffed that I had a title, until I was informed that my role was General Dogs-body!! :(

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
TOPS = is the training book for holidays/camp trainings (trainings and opportunity scheme)
HB = handbook
GO = is online database (guess that one needs adding now!)
Adv100 = adventure100 challenge and badge
PM = private message
mod 1 = module 1 (referring to the leadership or camp training)
FA = first aid or first aider
CHQ = central head quarters or cheque
SAE = self addressed and stamped envelope

Last edited:

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
TOPS = is the training book for holidays/camp trainings (trainings and opportunity scheme)
HB = handbook
GO = is online database (guess that one needs adding now!)
Adv100 = adventure100 challenge and badge
PM = private message
mod 1 = module 1 (referring to the leadership or camp training)
FA = first aid or first aider
CHQ = central head quarters or cheque
SAE = self addressed and stamped envelope
In Guiding terms, CHQ is Commonwealth Headquarters

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
Go For It - part of the Guide programme
Its a series of activities or challenges based round a theme that Guides work on in patrols for 4 weeks, that is rewarded with a card or a badge. The girls choose as a patrol which one they wish to do. The official ones are in the Badges section of the Girlguiding > Guides web site. They need to complete two GFIs per year plus some other bits to complete their annual GG Challenge Badge. They have to have done at least two annual GG Chalenge Badges before they can start their Baden Powell (BP) Award.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
To be fair this is a old thread, and most of the post were made several years before the 2013 branding. I've mainly seen TSS these days. The name is changing anyhow (although I suspect people will still use it for a number of years out of habit).