• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: G2G 6 The Welsh Adventure! - Miskin Mill, Llantrisaint, 1st-3rd Oct 2010

Dizzybint

Super Moderator
Staff member
GuiderPlus
When: 1st -3rd Oct 2010
Where: Miskin Mill Scout Village, Nr llantrissaint
Cost: £35-£40 includes food, accomodation and a T shirt and crafts
Deposit £5 to be paid ASAP
Theme: To be Decided

Hi there
As you all know, I agreed, under the influence, to arrange G2G 6, I was going to plan to have it in Cae Glas, however, I thought that Miskin mill would be a better venue as there is its a great little place!
I will post a separate thread now with all the separate details.

I will also post a who wants to come thread!!

Apologies for the lack of choice in the date, but as you all know most places are booked up with the centenary.
Lisa

Last edited:

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
For the Great Welsh SSAGO rally pt 1 Cardiff had a Monty Python Theme, and Bangor pt 2 did a Blackadder theme

Blackadder : Have you ever been to Wales Baldrick?
Baldrick : No, but I've often thought I'd like to.
Blackadder : Well don't, it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrorising people with their close-harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight.

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
Miskin Mill is much better place for a G2G than Caeglas especially that time of year a bit more indoor space. We could light up a fire in the fire place make it nice and cozy.

bryony

Guide and Ranger Guider
Staff member
GuiderPlus
sounds great to me - will follow the instructions to register now I've read them ;)

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I am absolutely devastated and disappointed there wasn't a poll like with the other g2gs. I am going on my second trip to Brownsea Island and as an organiser I can't get out of it.

I would have loved to come, especially since it is so close to me :( :'(

hopelessguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I doubt I'll be able to make this one either. As I'm from Cardiff I was keeping my eye on it! but it clashes with something else - plus Miskin Mill has odd memories for me. At least I've got HGC Cardiff to look forward to in March though:)

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
WOW - I am away for a few days, and all this happens!! I'm definitely signing up for this, never been to Wales!

Well I say that now, will have to look into travel arrangements first though - even further to go than London was - maybe take me 3 days to get home this time?? LOL

Dizzybint

Super Moderator
Staff member
GuiderPlus
or you can fly from the Bur to Cardiff!! the airport is about 15m away!! BMI baby takes 45m from the Bur to Caerdydd!

raaowdot

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Nona
all the spaces are filled now I am gutted as we would love to have you there
we have no reserve list now, but if anyone cannot make it or does not pay thier deposit I will email you straight away.
Lisa