• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: G2G 6 The Welsh Adventure! - Miskin Mill, Llantrisaint, 1st-3rd Oct 2010

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Dizzy, I have pm'd but your inbox is full. I won't be able to go now. Its going to be a tad expensive for travel. At least this lets someone who is closer to Wales go along. Sorry guys :(

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
Hi Dizzy, your inbox is still full. I will also have to cancel due to too much happening in October and the expense of travelling etc. I know you have a list of people wanting to go so I will give up my place to allow someone else experience a G2G.

hedgehog_m

Veteran (100+ posts)
is there any chance i can be cheeky and swap my floor space for a bed as i have hurt my back recently and notsure even by oct the floor wil bea good idea.

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I'd offer to swap but I'm the same - I have back problems as well (from an accident over a year ago, so you are right to think it might still be bad then... sorry to be pessimistic!), and I'll be going to Morocco a few weeks later where I will have to sleep on the floor, so I don't want to risk anything before I go.

Gaelic and Scotch - we all made insane journeys to Scotland! You can manage it here! Can you get to Manchester / Birmingham and get a lift from there with someone?

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Gaelic and Scotch - we all made insane journeys to Scotland! You can manage it here! Can you get to Manchester / Birmingham and get a lift from there with someone?
To be fair, I have travelled to London which is a lot further from where I am, which is waaay up north. I've just got so many other things to pay for this year, not just centenary events, that I can't justify spending a lot of money on travelling just for two days. Sorry. I know there are a lot of people who want to go too, so I might as well give up my space to allow someone else to go.

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
I'd offer to swap but I'm the same - I have back problems as well (from an accident over a year ago, so you are right to think it might still be bad then... sorry to be pessimistic!), and I'll be going to Morocco a few weeks later where I will have to sleep on the floor, so I don't want to risk anything before I go.

Hey Jenn, it's not the travelling (I was quite prepare to fly from Glasgow to Cardiff). It is the fact that I have lots of
things happening (some only coming to light now which I need to attend) and the costs are mounting up! What with the Centenary, a family "do", a work retiral and a grandson's birthday all in the first w
3 weeks of October it is proving an expensive time on limited resources!

I am planning to be at G2G7!!!!!!

blue_dreamer

Veteran (100+ posts)
So close yet so far!

That is the end of the first week of lectures too. I'm starting my Queen's Guide Award and was told the Residential section could be any kind of meet up with new people. I guessed this could include a Guiders G2G, but are they long enough? I may come if it can count and depending on my lecture situation on a friday, which I will only find out in September...

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
So close yet so far!

That is the end of the first week of lectures too. I'm starting my Queen's Guide Award and was told the Residential section could be any kind of meet up with new people. I guessed this could include a Guiders G2G, but are they long enough? I may come if it can count and depending on my lecture situation on a friday, which I will only find out in September...
i think having just read the criteria that it is long enough! In which case you could count it, because i don't think you've met many of us before!

Happy to sign your book off if you need me to!