1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

G2g Northampton/Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'G2G12 Northamptonshire' started by norma_15, Jul 21, 2013.

1. norma_15

norma_15 Veteran (100+ posts)

so I've offered to organize the next g2g as it doesn't look like anyone has posted about one.
    this one will be either in Northampton or Milton Keynes.

I hope this is ok with everyone. if anyone would like to help me organize it please get in touch...otherwise I will sort it on my own.

2. *gwen*

*gwen* GIC Guide/SS GuiderPlus

Good for you to offer to organise it. I really hope someone offers to help you as it is would be a lot of work to do on your own.

3. ScareyClarey

ScareyClarey Recently Qualified Brownie Leader GuiderPlus

Well done you & good luck! Dates & stuff depending I'd love to come, but have far too much on my plate & am too far away to be able to offer any help, other than moral support!

4. bagpuss

bagpuss Dursley District Guider & Commissioner GuiderPlus

Same goes as ScareyClarey, bit far to help but I think it's close enough to come if I can.

5. Dionysia

Dionysia Veteran (100+ posts)

When are you thinking, as this would be easier for me than the Scottish one.

I can't really fit anything in this year, but would love to come if I could and even though i'm in Ipswich I would do as much as I could to help you.

6. norma_15

I was thinking either end of October or November :)

7. LFC_dragonfly

LFC_dragonfly Veteran (100+ posts)

Sounds good, just be aware of the Big Gig around that time (i'm not going btw, just wanted to point it out!)

But, if the Big Gig weekend is the only weekend you can do (due to your commitments or the venue dates available), do it anyway, it'll just have to be those of us who aren't going!!

8. norma_15

I'm going to the big gig anyway so I couldnt do it that weekend. I'll put a poll up soon :)

9. kathrynha

kathrynha Veteran (100+ posts)

Northampton wouldn't be too bad to get to for me, so as long as the weekend doesn't clash with anything else I would be up for it.

For helping organise do people have to be physically close? Obviously choosing a venue is best done by someone local, but other stuff could be organised via email/IM/etc

10. *gwen*

Oh Exciting. :D

Im sure you have already thought of this but make sure the venue has available dates before you put up a poll, but also go with the date that most suits you. There wont be one date that will be suitable for everyone.

11. norma_15

yeah I've phoned the venue I am hoping for and they are getting back to me later today :)

12. *gwen*

We werent that close to each for G2G10 but did manage to meet up a couple of times in London to bounch ideas around. Most the organising was done over conferance phone/email. It worked fine for us but Cant speak for others as not sure what others experiances have been

13. norma_15

so we've got a team together to organise it...let the planning commence. Keep checking for updates in the next day or so :)

14. LFC_dragonfly

LFC_dragonfly Veteran (100+ posts)

No, no reason why they have to be. When we did G2G3, Gadget & I were in Preston, but Dolly and Slice were in other parts of Lancashire, and although we did have two physical meet ups (though Gadget was only at one of them) we managed pretty well, we just divided up the tasks, and a couple of us went shopping on the Friday afternoon.

We didn't need site visits though, as we used websites, and the site we eventually picked is the one I've practially lived at throughout my Guiding life, so could vouch for it's suitability. But as longs as norma is happy to do this bit alone, then fine!

15. JennyW

JennyW Regular (50+ posts)

I really hope that it is a date I can make. I have never been to a G2G and would love to be able to come especially as it is not far from me.

16. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

ooo I'd love to come too if the dates worked and I can smooozle OH !!

17. Wren

Wren Mod Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Perhaps it would be a nice idea to formally introduce who is in the team?

18. scotchmi5t

scotchmi5t Veteran (100+ posts)

Where exactly is the venue?