• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

G2G Tipi

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
It’s G2G time!!

If you’ve no idea what a G2G is, fear not! It’s basically Pack Holiday/Guide Camp for grown ups. Members of the forum get together for activities, crafts, badges, chatting and FUN!!

We (myself and Crazycrayon) will be organising a G2G here http://www.paccarscoutcamp.org/the-site/accommodation/indian-reservation/. It’s at Chalfont Heights, the venue for a previous G2G10. It’s just off the M25 and near the end of the metropolitan tube line/Chiltern Railways line.

Due to site and organiser availability, we won’t be having a date poll. The date we’ve chosen is 25th-27th April (Friday-Sunday).

We will be sleeping in tipis, although an indoor kitchen and marquee dining facilities are being used. The tipis can sleep 38 people. Unfortunately this will be an all-female G2G, due to there not being enough space to put the men on their own. Sorry guys!

If you would like to come, please e-mail G2Gtipi@gmail.com, with your Fourm name, your real name and tell us you’d like to come. We will then tell you how to pay the deposit. You will need to pay a £10 deposit by Monday 3rd Feb to secure your place. The rest of the cost will be payable later. This is dependent on how many people we have, but should be in the region of £40. This includes food, accommodation, a badge and some craft or other activities. There are adventurous activities on-site which will be optional and payable later on.

So in summary

Where: Roy’s Reservation, Chalfont Heights Scout Camp
When: 25th-27th April
Who: female Forum members aged over 18
What next: e-mail G2Gtipi@gmail.com and pay £10 deposit by 3rd Feb

Lizzieloubee and Crazycrayon

Last edited:

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
I'm gutted too, but only because I shall be running a weekend for 1000 that weekend in Swindon and would have loved to do this one. It sounds great

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
:( Unfortunatly the tipis were really limited in availability, hence the lack of customary date poll. That's the last date free before September!

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
I did have a tiny panic attack when I saw the dates, and thought you were going the same weekend I had booked for my Brownies! Luckily we are going in May not April!
I guess I should try it out before subjecting my Brownies to them, I was going to do a site visit in April anyway so count me in!!!
Will send the e-mail now!

Chocolate Moose

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
What sort of time on the Sunday would it finish ? I would really like to come, but I start back at uni the next day so I would have to get home, collect all my stuff and catch a train to Bristol, which isn't really doable if it finishes late afternoon !

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
What sort of time on the Sunday would it finish ? I would really like to come, but I start back at uni the next day so I would have to get home, collect all my stuff and catch a train to Bristol, which isn't really doable if it finishes late afternoon !
There doesnt tend to be a timetable for the sundays. People will start drifting away from around breakfast time, Some will stay for lunch and then few will stay to the very end helping with the clear up etc. It also depends on when they have to be off the site.

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
Would love to come but am pushing all my TSS off a cliff that weekend (don't worry they will be attached to a zip wire and it is for charity).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk