• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

G2g??

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
I don't think anyone has got any plans in the pipeline.

The usual rule is if you suggest it you organise it :D

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
Ok I will!!!! arragh

Hadn't realised I had put it in London section!

I have only been to one in Cardiff, where else have they been. Would you come to East Anglia - that is where I am from?

It would have to be in the Spring, as it will take that long to sort out.

Ideas and help appreciated

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
The advantage of you organising is you would get to decide on location :)

They have moved around the country, and very much depends on where the volunteers organising the events live/ have connections to. Each G2G has its own folder so would give you an idea where they have been and what sort of thing has happened at them.

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
Looking through atm lol

What to most G2G sleep on, we had bunkbeds in Cardiff, but some centres its air beds on the floor (more like pack holiday).

Does it need activities such as archery etc or a day trip - the one I went to we ended up sewing camp blankets all day!!

If I know what we need, then I can start looking.

We have a good site in Ipswich, with nice walks and activities, but it is sleeping on air beds.

Cambridge could be nice too, as they may do Guided walks in the City.

Have you been to one Gwen?

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Have you been to one Gwen?
Yes I went to a G2G8 in Bristol then was part of the organising team for G2G10 London.

Some people will choose to just sit around doing crafts and sewing badges and chatting with others, while other people will do an activity if it is on offer.

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
Yes I went to a G2G8 in Bristol then was part of the organising team for G2G10 London.

Some people will choose to just sit around doing crafts and sewing badges and chatting with others, while other people will do an activity if it is on offer.
I'm very happy to sit all day doing crafts :)

I've found a lovely place, its a converted train station, but there are no organised activities (archery etc). But is is a bus ride away from a lovely traditional sea side town with old fashioned pier & lighthouse.

Do you think this would be ok to offer?

cerys80

Brownie Leader
That sounds lovely ... we all went to the seaside during the first one I ever went to, was a Welsh one and we went on some fairground rides and did stuff like that :) I'd love to come if the dates work out and all that.