1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Information: G2G10 London(ish) - 2nd-4th November 2012

Discussion in 'G2G10 London' started by Hilzo42, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Hilzo42

Hilzo42 Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

We are pleased to announce that G2G10 London(ish) will be taking place on 2nd-4th November 2012 at PACCAR Chalfont Heights Scout Campsite in Chalfont, Buckinghamshire.

We are able to offer 32 places at a cost of £40 per person for the weekend.
    Payment details will be released at the same time as booking information.

Chalfont Heights is a fantastic site just outside the London Boroughs and M25 (hence the London(ish) description!), not far from where the M40 and M25 meet and both mainline trains and the Underground stop close by. The sleeping building we are staying in is still being finished, but after visiting both Becca and I could see straight away just how good it's going to be (excellent soundproofing for one!), the second building (only seperated by a couple of metres) is fab, and we have a huge grassed area in front for our use as well. The site has loads of activities available and we will of course be offering these to you all nearer the time. There is also a rather decently sized shop on site! :D

To give everyone a fair chance of getting a place, even if they only visit the forum once a week, we are posting the information now but we will not release the email address or payment details until Friday 15th June 2012.
    Please don't contact us by other means in advance asking for a place as we won't accept them.

We're definitely excited, we hope you all are too! :D

The organisers,
    Becca, Hilzo, Gwen, Pennya

2. zeberdee

zeberdee zeberdee

Just one question, what mainline stations are near by thinking of getting the train instead of driving?
    need to work out if i need to change or which tube i may need to get

3. Hilzo42

Hilzo42 Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

We will have a transport thread! But the closest stations are Gerrards Cross (Chiltern Lines) and Chalfont & Latimer (Chiltern Lines, and London Underground Metropolitan Line).

Denham Golf Club station is 1 1/2 miles down the same road away (but v. small and not stopped at as frequently, also Chiltern Lines). They're all within 1 1/2 - 2 miles away from the campsite and most driving routes will pass by/close by for pickups!

4. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

Ooh, I panicked when I saw the date thinking it clashed with my SS weekend, but then saw that it's November, so it's all good :)

5. ElfOwl

ElfOwl Veteran (100+ posts)

Yay, no clashes that I know of and there can't be now as I will put these dates in the calendar.

6. bagpuss

bagpuss Dursley District Guider & Commissioner GuiderPlus

Fingers crossed, I need to persuade hubby!!

7. senry

senry Veteran (100+ posts)

ohhh depending on the money situation i may be able to do this! :D

8. Chocolate Moose

Chocolate Moose Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Thats really really near where I live ! The activities at Chalfont Heights are apparently really good, our guide unit went there a couple of times as summer holiday days out. (I didn't, I was a coward !) But I'm going to be on the other side of the country; and almost definitely working on the Saturday :'o(

9. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

ooo great, don't think that clashes with anything and I def won't double book myself this time :)

10. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

Hmmm, maybe. I just have no idea where in the country I will be...

11. BeccaSooty

BeccaSooty Brownie Guider GuiderPlus

Well one of the best things about the site is that its no more than 30mins from the M3, M4, M1, M40 or M25, the closest motorways are the M40 and M25, which are less than 10mins away, so it's easy to get too from pretty much anywhere in the country.

It's about 30mins out of Marylebone on the national rail, might be a bit longer by tube. The railway station is about 5mins away and the tube station about 15min.

It's even (if you really wanted to arrive in style!) only 30 mins from Heathrow Airport, if people wanted to fly down!

12. sliceofrice

sliceofrice Veteran (100+ posts)

I REALLY want to come, but am in the same boat as Kerstee. Don't know what I'll be up to from September onwards. :( Think I might have to hope there are a few spaces left nearere the time and I know what's going on in my life! :)

13. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

But at the moment I'm not getting home from work until 8pm, add onto that travelling etc and it makes for a long day.

Also I'm looking at moving, and that really could leve me anywhere in the country... I'm gonna hang on until September time I think (may even have a car again by then!!)

14. KatieF

KatieF Veteran (100+ posts)

This is down the road from my office!!! I live in Gerrards Cross, so if you need anything on the ground, anything in area, give me a shout. Needless to say, I will be there - so excited!!!! :) :)

15. TJ.

TJ. Wonder Woman In Training

So we know the site has a shop... but have you verified the lady's lunch break?!

Sounds brilliant.

16. miss-dancey-pants

miss-dancey-pants Veteran (100+ posts)

I did intops at chalfront a long time ago and think they did a pick up from heathrow as one of the options and was not far at all. Lovely site with lots of open space and at the time I got a lovely triangle campsite badge x

17. miss-dancey-pants

miss-dancey-pants Veteran (100+ posts)

I did intops at chalfront a long time ago and think they did a pick up from heathrow as one of the options and was not far at all. Lovely site with lots of open space and at the time I got a lovely triangle campsite badge x

18. bagpuss

bagpuss Dursley District Guider & Commissioner GuiderPlus

I used to live near Chalfont (in Chesham) and we went to this site for an event. I was only about 17, a YL with the Rainbows who weren't even at the event! I can't remember the site at all though. I just remember sitting on a slip road (must have been off a motorway or main A road) and Bridget, my Rainbow leader, having to use the handbreak alot doing hollstarts because the traffic was moving so slowly!! Funny what you remember isn't it!!

19. Sparky

Sparky Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

OH MY GOD!!! That's in my county, i can't just not come!! :):) I'm there! x

20. elenopa

elenopa Brownie Guider

Annoyingly, it's really close to me, but I'm in Mexico. :(