• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: G2G10 London(ish) - 2nd-4th November 2012

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
It's even (if you really wanted to arrive in style!) only 30 mins from Heathrow Airport, if people wanted to fly down!
Or Gatwick as I will be coming from work and as I work in lovely (?) Crawley, am right beside the airport and will have to pass it on my way. Only problem is I finish work at 2pm so might be a little early.

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
:( would love to come but sadly I am now poor until I have a job and I've not idea when that will happen.....
Also like others I have no idea where I will be in November!

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
Woop, excited :D One that won't take me half a day to get home from!!

And I've been to PACCAR, it's great :). And the fire pit is lovely, will we be having a proper fire like at G2G8?

shazzab

SS Leader and busy mum to 2 busy dd's
GuiderPlus
thanks for organising was hoping to make this one but its my little sisters 40th birthday weekend so no can do. hope to make the next one :-S

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
So we know the site has a shop... but have you verified the lady's lunch break?!
We did actually ask this when we visited as we know how traumatised everyone was at not being about to get into the Shop at G2G9, and we have been reassured that the shop has extended opening hours, and as it is just next door to the office (you can see into the shop from the office) they would even be happy to open it specially for us if there was no one serving at the time we want to go. (Well within reason....I think they might object to us banging on the door at midnight demanding badges!!)

hedgehog_m

Veteran (100+ posts)
i have lots of fond memoies of scouting days out at chalfont as i hale from not far down the road. Will have to try and change my hols though as not offf till the next weekend.

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Loved G2G4, Susi and I's invasion to London last time. Will have to see if we can get cheap tickets on the sleepy train again. Possibly another Scots invasion!

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Loved G2G4, Susi and I's invasion to London last time. Will have to see if we can get cheap tickets on the sleepy train again. Possibly another Scots invasion!
Could even try cheap flights, as its quite close to 2 major airports, and enough people will be coming past for pick ups

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Could even try cheap flights, as its quite close to 2 major airports, and enough people will be coming past for pick ups
Cheap flights on sleasy jet (book early) to Gatwick and I'll pick you up on the way past and drop you off on the way back! Just don't make them late afteroon 'cos the M25 will be AWFUL.