• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

g2g2 Saturday Craft/Activity Share

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
My craft will involve a lot of cutting, so scissors will be very useful! I've got about 3 good pairs at home so I'll bring those.

TBird Anni

Veteran (100+ posts)
I an bring some tatting shuttles if anyone wants a go at that? It's probably the least practical craft in creation but you can make pretty bits of nonsense to stick on the front of cards! Or use bigger thread and make friendship bracelets or bookmarks.

helen9681

Veteran (100+ posts)
I an bring some tatting shuttles if anyone wants a go at that? It's probably the least practical craft in creation but you can make pretty bits of nonsense to stick on the front of cards! Or use bigger thread and make friendship bracelets or bookmarks.
Ooh, yes please!

I *must* get myself to Hobbycraft or an ironmongers at some point and make sure that I can buy the brass rings that I need!

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I wasn't planning on bringing an activity, but whilst visiting my folks spied a craft my mum had been shown by a colleague at the after school club she works at (said colleague is an ex guider!) so I'm bringing the bits for that!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
i'm not bringing, because i'll be to busy filming you all getting covered in glue! the g2g2 dvd will be my contribution!

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Me either Alli.

But that's cos I'm rubbish at craft (doesn't stop me trying though!), and it sounds like we've got enough to last us 4 weekends, not just one!!

Bringing cakes instead :D

foxy77

Rainbow Guider...still official nutcase
GuiderPlus
Me either Alli.

But that's cos I'm rubbish at craft (doesn't stop me trying though!), and it sounds like we've got enough to last us 4 weekends, not just one!!

Bringing cakes instead :D

Yeah.. I'm not bad at craft but have been soooooooo busy I haven't had time to think of something. So opted to bring cake/sweets and wine instead! :crown::nature-008:

sewing:eek:... sewing:eek::eek::eek:
Please say you mean splicing!
*hides*
i probably do but I am quite new to all this ropey knotty lark and appreciate the correction!! is that what it is called then, 'splicing'. If that means sewing with a needle and thread 2 pieces of different coloured guy rope together then I am indeed splicing.:D:D:D

Claratrix

Veteran (100+ posts)
i probably do but I am quite new to all this ropey knotty lark and appreciate the correction!! is that what it is called then, 'splicing'. If that means sewing with a needle and thread 2 pieces of different coloured guy rope together then I am indeed splicing.:D:D:D
That sounds horribly like sewing:speechless-011
Splicing is unwinding the weave of the rope/string and then weaving it back together into the other piece so you haven't got a seam between them so much as a longish overlap.

*alli*

ooooh Im now Brownies GiC!!
just so we get an idea of who an how many ppl r actually runnin a craft can u pm me please an let me know! Not able2check here lots so if u post i prob wont c it! Cheers!