• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

G2G2 travel

jayjay

Guide and Ranger Guider
The address for G2G2 is:

Sir John Lowther County Scout Training & Activity Centre,
Rushton Road,
Glendon,
Kettering,
Northhants,
NN14 1QF

If you are using sat nav, just enter the postcode, it works just fine - it'll feel a bit strange as you drive through an industrial estate to get there, then you get to a drive with a locked gate that seems to be in the middle of nowhere - but that's the right place, and chain round the gate isn't locked, just looped round!

If you are coming by train, and have not arranged a lift to the centre from the station in Kettering, please post here to arrange lifts! We don't want anyone stranded in Kettering on Friday!

This evening I am going to send everyone an e-mail with my mobile number for emergencies (will also give the other organisers' mobile numbers too if they agee, need to check with them first) so if you do get lost or stranded you can call us and we'll rescue you!

P.s. mods - can this be a sticky too please? Ta!

me me me. I need sat nav I have no navigator otherwise. I'd hate to think how long it would take me over the 2.5 hours it says that I will need.

foxy77

Rainbow Guider...still official nutcase
GuiderPlus
what is this mysterious 'satnav' of which you speak?? ;)

I'll be relying on directions from the AA website (and Carrie's directional skills!)

HanSeeingRed

Bananaface :oD
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm going with google and if anything like the last one Guidey senses (you know like spidey senses) to get us there!

Last edited:

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Google map isn't always reliable though - someone tried to get to my place and it told them to turn right at a particular road. Only trouble is the road they were told to turn down was actually on the opposite side of town and nowhere near to where they were!

Bad google :(

HanSeeingRed

Bananaface :oD
Staff member
GuiderPlus
haha, satnavs always get lots going to my friends house as he lives at the end of a bridal path, if you use a map he's clearly marked on it!

bryony

Guide and Ranger Guider
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'll be using Satnav - that way I can blame it and not me if it goes wrong! he he, I am far too likely to be gassing with Clara and Coolandme to be paying attention to a map...

Can't wait!

I've got to use sat nav hubbies says so. That way I'm safe! I have no idea where he's coming from either. Mind you that reminds me must email him in South Africa so he des not try and phone me tonight.

bryony

Guide and Ranger Guider
Staff member
GuiderPlus
You can always trust a map. I'd never completely trust satnav though, hence why I stick to the maps, but if you are using it, take a map too guys!!!!
very true, I always have a map in the car and also always check the route first so I know if it is vaguely plausible the route I am being sent!

So far so good - have not been sent to any bizarre places to date...

*alli*

ooooh Im now Brownies GiC!!
I know this sounds a bit obvious, but can you only turn up at the g2g2 if you have already signed up for it and have paid your money. if you turn up and are not on the list ya aint comin in!!! lol!!
no seriously i have been made aware of a few people planning to visit us but im afraid we cant allow that and you will be made to leave!!
Thanks!!

HollyBlue

Not gone to the dark side; I'm fireside!
I'll be using sat nav too! I like the company, plus it gives me someone to argue with when I'm lost and going the wrong way down a slip road!!! :D

P.S. it hasn't happened really! Well, not yet anyway! :D

TBird Anni

Veteran (100+ posts)
me and my satnav are good buddies..... she's got me to places I would never have even attempted driving to without her! Then again, since I have no sense of direction, a visual perception problem that makes pages of directions do interesting wiggly dances before swirling down a hole in the centre of the page and am not bringing a navigator it's be very un-guidy and use it or not come! Mind you, I think Popcorn lives somewhere near me, if I'd had a bit of sense I could have offered a car share and had a real person to argue with about being told to turn left half way over a flyover (it does it to me every year when we go youth hosteling, there's a bypass been built after the map was compiled..... and yes I know it's about time I updated my maps!)