• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: G2G4 details!

ninki_fm

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm going to pop up to Tesco now and see if he will let me :) if he doesn't ill ask ruth, shes a brownie guider too so she should understand the importance of the event!

ruffus

Beginner (10+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Tis a shme that I have only just found thuis link! oh well maybe another time.......

"My guiding time is the only time that I am sane, as I can get away with siging silly soongs about a moose and crocodiles and other animails!!" I do it at work and the just don't unerstand.........

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Tis a shme that I have only just found thuis link! oh well maybe another time.......

"My guiding time is the only time that I am sane, as I can get away with siging silly soongs about a moose and crocodiles and other animails!!" I do it at work and the just don't unerstand.........
Ruffus, there's still a couple of places if you're interested?

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Hmmm . . . .

I'm starting to think I might want to come down for this.

Have to look at transport though, unless I could meet up with some of those coming from the North?

Need to check my calendar at work as well, but its long enough away so should be clear.

:)

Susi

Claratrix

Veteran (100+ posts)
:) We would love to see you!
though i can understand transport costs (you are a long way up, but plymouth is a long way down!). Have to say there are some lovely people on here who have previously given me lifts *huggles bryony and bo* so it is worth asking:)
Clare

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
There's nobody here as far as I know who lives as far north as I do. I can maybe hop on a train to Edinburgh or further south, but I think its going to cost too much :(

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Hi Scotchmi5t!

I had a look at transport this morning, train from Edinburgh is over £100 return but flights to Heathrow are coming in at £73 all in. So think it;d be flying.

Maybe you could head down to mine the night before? Was looking at the 10.30 ish flight and even considered buying me a pass for the lounge !!

Be a wee adventure all of our own!

:)
Susi

There's nobody here as far as I know who lives as far north as I do. I can maybe hop on a train to Edinburgh or further south, but I think its going to cost too much :(

you need to wait till 3 months before for your cheap tickets on the train, they won't be out till end of this month. We are coming up to Edinburgh the weekend before for capital jig and are going by train, but can't get cheaper tickets till end of the month. so i would maybe check end of this week for cheaper train tickets. Also check the sleeper down, you can get tickets for £19 each way on that and a bed for night, i love it! go straight to the nationalexpress east coast mainline.

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thats a brilliant idea, Susi. I was checking flights from Inverness to Luton by easyjet, but I could hop on a train down to yours, then we could fly, or take the train. As suggested by sparkly, maybe check the costs next week :)

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Well Susi/SM, ....I'll be driving down from the North (and I WILL have a Gadget it tow one way or another ;)), so if you two could get to Preston somehow, then you can squeeze into my car, with us and a couple of boxes of cupcakes!!

Though as people have said, cheap trains straight there might be the way forward, but the offer is there!

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Thanks Dawny!

We'll check the trains on Friday, love the idea of a sleeper!!

My diary at work is clear so now blocked off for leave :D

Scotchmi5t, shall email you so we can coordinate our travel efforts.

Got to book for SG2G2 first!

:nature-007:
Susi

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
aaahhh I do still want to come, just need to get round to sending a cheque!! Sorry!! Will try to do it tomorrow, so you should get to begining of next week!!!! Hope thast still ok?!

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Lynda's been at Wings for ages, she'll probably have a pile of them on her doormat when she gets in!!

Which reminds me, Lynda will you let me know if you have a cheque from me??? I know I put one in an envelope and put your address on it, but can't find it ANYWHERE. Was wondering if that was because I posted it, even though I'm sure I didn't! If not I'll do you another!! :)

nonawhitby

Veteran (100+ posts)
Do we have a time for getting there on the Friday and finishing on the Sunday please, as there are cheap fares on the National Express Eastcoast Mainline site and I am trying to find which would be best for me to book.

Anyone fancy meeting up at York and going on from there?

Nona :)