1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

G2G5 Directions

Discussion in 'G2G5 Highland Fling' started by fenris, Mar 3, 2010.

1. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

Okay, it's either brave or foolish, but I'm going to risk posting directions now, and hopefully won't have to change them between now and the big day! As you get nearer you will see signs for Bonaly campsite - you can follow them as I'm sending you on the same route!

If driving from the East or South:
    Take the A720 (city bypass) westbound/clockwise.
    Turn off at Dreghorn Junction, go over the flyover and along Dreghorn Link.
    Go straight on at first roundabout.
    At second roundabout take first exit - Redford Road (B701)
    At the T junction turn left onto Colinton Road.
    Take the left fork at the junction (left side of the railings, don’t go down the hill) which is Woodhall Road
    Take 3rd left (Bonaly Road) and carry on up the hill, over the flyover and beyond.
    The road becomes quite narrow as you carry on uphill. Eventually you will see the entrance on your left (honest!).

If driving from the North
    Take the A720 (city bypass) eastbound/anticlockwise.
    Turn off at Dreghorn Junction, go left along Dreghorn Link.
    Go straight on at first roundabout.
    At second roundabout take first exit - Redford Road (B701)
    At the T junction turn left onto Colinton Road.
    Take the left fork at the junction (left side of the railings, don’t go down the hill) which is Woodhall Road
    Take 3rd left (Bonaly Road) and carry on up the hill, over the flyover and beyond.
    The road becomes quite narrow as you carry on uphill. Eventually you will see the entrance on your left (honest!).

If coming by Train then Bus
    Get off at Waverley Station, go up the exit ramp (behind Boots) onto Waverley Bridge.
    Turn right (uphill) towards Princes Street.
    At the top of the hill, cross Waverley Bridge and go along past the Scott Monument (big pinnacle thing) to the second bus stop, to catch a No. 10 Bus. (Lothian Buses, which are white, with red and gold). The fare is a flat rate of £1.20 – exact money only.
    Ask the driver to let you off on Woodhall Road (which is near the terminus) – around a 30 minute journey. We will arrange a shuttle service up the hill.
    On the Friday the buses are every 12 minutes.

If coming from the west – PM me!

2. dippydeedodah

dippydeedodah Rainbow Guider, Guide Guider

I'll be plugging in my Satnav!! LOL

My Dad said I have been to the Bonaly Reservior but for the life of me I can't remember !! LOL

3. madmonkey

madmonkey Guide Leader

The reservoir was empty when i was last up!!! looked so weird empty :p I shall be one of those getting the bus! I shall be found loitering at the shop hee hee

4. dollypip

dollypip Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...

I'm driving up I think. Need to find out if the college car park is open on sunday... then I may get the train

5. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I'm driving, so if you want to get the train anyway, I can drive you back

6. dollypip

dollypip Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...

It depends if I can leave my car at college cos college is in wigan. But thanks Jen!