• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Urgent! G2G8 balance due date & important info regarding deposits

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Hello!

We need your balances by 5th September 2011. Please see this thread for payment details if you have forgotten how to pay!

We realise that there is a 'Big Ruby Day Out' being planned in the North (don't argue - it's north of G2G8, so North it is being called!!) and we'd like to say that if you have to pull out of G2G8 we will refund deposits as long as we are informed by 31st August 2011. If you pull out after this date (for any reason), I'm afraid you lose your deposit.

entropy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
i havent paid my full balance yet because I thought I had but it turns out paypal messed up on my transaction before it went through not after and I only just noticed, anyway I have serious lack of funds mainly issues with transport as even after the £60 train I have noooo idea how I'd get there from the station, and i don't know anybody else going =(, so, if someone on the reserve list is able and willing to take up my place (i accept loss of my deposit) then i will pull out (sorry) because i really cant afford to pay the balance right now, however if there is nobody to take up the place i will pay the remaining balance asap and try to get myself there if i can - does that make sense? and is that ok?
sorry for being awkward person of the year.

cerys80

Brownie Leader
Katie, please don't be put off by not knowing anyone, I was the same at the G2G in Wales and had such a great time, everyone is lovely and inclusive and I'm sure you'll have a good time too :) There is a thread organising lifts from stations, take a look, lots of pickups being sorted.

sliceofrice

Veteran (100+ posts)
I hardly knew anyone at G2G3. I think I knew 4 people in real life... out of nearly 30/40 people. So really don't let it put you off. You'll soon find you settle into a group as everyone is really welcoming.
I agree with Cerys about sorting out travel is easy enough. Looks like there have been loads of kind people offering lifts from the station.

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
i'm going and i have only met one person!!!! and that was only for a day! o and i've not sorted a lift from the staion either!

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
At the first g2g no-one knew anyone! Anyway, there are people getting lifts from the station so please don't worry. PM me with any further concerns you have, ok?

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
I remember that Wren...and realising I was being picked up by Han, and I had no idea who she was or what she looked like....as it happened, when we got to my house, it was like her weemee had just got out the car!
You'll soon get to know people.

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
I hardly knew anyone - in fact about 6 of them as they were all living in Yorkshire and roped me onto G2G!!! So not to be afraid, the idea is to get you all to get to know each other. If you want to see their pictures - there's a thread on here about this!!!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
My firsy G2G was the third, and I've been to them all since. I did wonder what on earth I was doing, driving 90 mins up the M6 to go away for the weekend with people I'd met over the internet. I mean, it's exactly what they tell you NOT to do! But I didn't regret it, as shown by the fact I keep going back. It really didn't take long at all to get chatting, and of course, everyone already has one rather big thing in common anyway.

entropy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
okok you've swayed me, thanks for the confidence boost =P i know i'll be fine when I get there, now to organise travel from the arctic circle (Durham)!