• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: G2G8 Information

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
Living between Temple Meads and Parkway, Parkway is definatly nearest as Temple Meads is nearer the centre of town. I'd imagine a lot of people would have to change at TM, but its only a 5 min journey between the two on the train.
I don't really know about Yate station, but I imagine there are less trains that way.

I use both TM and Parkway quite a bit with travelling home from uni :)

Clare

ETA: there is also a teeny weeny station called Patchway which might be even closer, but having only ever cycled past it I haven't a clue about its usefulness!
I might be able to do pick ups from Yate Station. It's not on my direct rute but as I'm only 20 minutes away anyway it wouldn't be a big deal going that little bit out of my way if it helped.

Osprey

Veteran (100+ posts)
I might be able to do pick ups from Yate Station. It's not on my direct rute but as I'm only 20 minutes away anyway it wouldn't be a big deal going that little bit out of my way if it helped.
I'll most likely be able to pick people up to. Would depend on what time i get there (all depends on my timetable next year)

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Yes, and when I get to a computer I shall reply to all of them! (Am posting this from my phone!)

shazzab

SS Leader and busy mum to 2 busy dd's
GuiderPlus
Oooh! I want to come!

Its just getting there that would be the problem! Would i be able to car-share with anyone coming from Yorkshire?!
I have a phobia of long train travel, im okay with short just not long ones!

Sorry i'm being cheeky! :)
our plan is to go with figgy but she is dropping off 2 children with her mum in Cheltenham on the way so the car will be full sorry

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Universal Time, which is used on the international space station but basically (to all intents and purposes) GMT :D