• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: G2G9 Activities

Kittys_Butterfly

Guide Guider + International Advisor
Having just read the kit list )saying we need clothes to get trashed in the mystery activity), Im thinking that activity, whatever it may be, will be my worse nightmare. I can think of nothing worse than being wet and cold! I don't need to be wet to be cold. Being wet just makes it 1000 times worse :p

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Yupp. As Ellen said, the mystery activities are optional.

One may involve mud / water (depending on weather) and the other involves sensible footwear (which I forgot ti put on the list)

blue_dreamer

Veteran (100+ posts)
Queries about kit list too. I can bring a dress for the Oscars but a) I'll freeze to death and b) I don't want it to get smoky from the campfire.

Also, if I am going to bring Scene It someone will have to bring a laptop and projector so we can use the DVD for it.

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Queries about kit list too. I can bring a dress for the Oscars but a) I'll freeze to death and b) I don't want it to get smoky from the campfire.

Also, if I am going to bring Scene It someone will have to bring a laptop and projector so we can use the DVD for it.
Which is exactly why it is on the optional list, blue-dreamer! We actually didn't think anyone would want to dress up but thought we'd at least leave it as an option. I'm sorry, but I really don't see the point of that post.

As for the scene it, I think you're asking a lot there.

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
I will assess the situation beforehand with knee and shoulder and decide if the activity is suitable because I'm up for it! I'll bring my skins ready :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
I have marry date or dump. Great for a good girly giggle.

If a dress will fit in the bag, I'll bring it and see how I feel on the night

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Sorry but I won't be bringing a dress! I only have a couple of good ones that I don't want getting ruined, but I'll maybe bring a nice top to go with jeans or trousers.

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Sorry but I won't be bringing a dress! I only have a couple of good ones that I don't want getting ruined, but I'll maybe bring a nice top to go with jeans or trousers.
I won't be either! I only own 1 dress and it's definatley NOT suitable for a campfire...! I'll be bringing stuff that's warm!!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Is a camp blanket not the most glamourous attire anyway? Must be where I've been going wrong all these years! ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Thank goodness, I don't like mud, mess or being wet.
They're ok - as long as I can get clean, warm and dry afterwards!
It would be no good pretending otherwise, as there are various photos on facebook which show me crawling or paddling through tunnels - and these weren't taken at G2G8!

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
I honestly didn't think anyone else would want to get dressed up for it. But I thought it was rude not to at least say we're doing it. Because I could forsee people saying, "Oh, but I would have...."

Honestly not expecting anyone to dress up!

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I have an idea of a dress, but I cant really wear underwear with it....

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk