• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

G2G9 East Midlands - What To Expect

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
You will get a bag with food in and a camp stove... any more 'suggestions' like that then you are banned from my kitchen

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
I discussed self-catering arrangements for awkward attendees with Dollypip last night and she is aware that I will lend any miscreants a box of matches or a lighter to light their camp stove.

Also we had a long chat about Friday night; catering for people arriving at different times, with different food requirements is immensely difficult - so please give Dolly a break and be glad for what is offered :)

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
It's thanks to Caz I'm actually attending to overwhelming personal problems over this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Look, we as organisers are incredibly grateful for Dolly's help. The fact she volunteered to QM means that we've been able to look at other areas of the event without having to worry about food. I think that this was probably the wrong time and place for this particular joke!

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Sorry. Life has got in the way, it seems. It's pretty standard clothes, pjs, washbag, blanket, swaps, undies, wet clothes (stuff you don't mind gettjng filthy and wet), towel, optional dress for "Oscars", alcohol etc. Will try and cobble one together tonight.

There have been a few problems lately and we're quite worried about members of the team who have disappeared etc.

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
What help do you need????? There are others of us who are happy to assist in any way. I am down at Hautbois for the weekend and not taking the computer so will be limited to phone, but plenty of stuff I can do next week to help and will help at the event with anything needed to make it a success.

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
What help do you need????? There are others of us who are happy to assist in any way. I am down at Hautbois for the weekend and not taking the computer so will be limited to phone, but plenty of stuff I can do next week to help and will help at the event with anything needed to make it a success.
Thanks. I'm sure we'll be fine. I just get a bit stressed when things are left this last minute. Especially when I have job applications to do too!

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
If I can help TJ, just let me know. Plenty of time while bored at work and no-one pays much attention if I look busy and the new copier/printer we got a few months back hasn't really been used enough for guiding related stuff.

Dolphin-Brownie

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've never been to a GTG together, but I've just got back from pack holiday so I'm still in that frame of mind if there's anything I can do to help before / once we're there? X

jayjay

Guide and Ranger Guider
Got to be honest though, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I used to be a lot more active on this site than I am these days, and I'm hoping that having missed the last 6 g2g's I won't feel like everyone knows each other and like there's in-jokes all the time that I don't know anything about. Felt a bit silly when I realised the squirrels on the kit list was something from last time (not just a random item, which is the sort of daft thing I might do). Im sure it's just nerves, I know you're all lovely, and I'm just panicking because my social life for the last 3 years has pretty much been play group....

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Got to be honest though, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I used to be a lot more active on this site than I am these days, and I'm hoping that having missed the last 6 g2g's I won't feel like everyone knows each other and like there's in-jokes all the time that I don't know anything about. Felt a bit silly when I realised the squirrels on the kit list was something from last time (not just a random item, which is the sort of daft thing I might do). Im sure it's just nerves, I know you're all lovely, and I'm just panicking because my social life for the last 3 years has pretty much been play group....
I feel the same - this is the first G2G I've been to, so know no-one (apart from KB that I've met briefly!)

I'm quite nervous, but looking forward to it too!

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
i'm sure you'll all have a great time
i sadly can't make this one but g2g8 bristol was my first and i'd only met one person for 1 day and didn't know anyone else offline...I had a great weekend and made lots of new friends :)

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
There are a lot of names on the attendees list that I don't recognise and, to be honest, I don't always get the in-jokes. I'm as nervous as you, Jayjay and Katie, but it will be fine because we're all there to have a lovely weekend away. What I've found is that each G2G is different. The last one was very cohesive and everyone hung out together, whereas the one before meant peoplr fell into natural groups (crafty peoples, blanket sewers, activity people, drinkers). I don't know how people will respond to this one, but I do know you won't be on your own!