• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Gift aid back claims

TawnySue

Rainbow Leader, Asst BL, Unit Guide L
Hi everyone, I have finally set it all up (after 4 months of slogging).
So I have recorded all subs payments in registers in my gift aid folder, some having left now to Brownies obviously.
I can claim 4 years back if I'm right, so do I claim each year seperately but make 3/4 claims now so we can have the funds in the bank or can I only claim for the year ending 2012? (would that be right?)

Hilary

Guide Guider and District Commissioner
GuiderPlus
Hi everyone, I have finally set it all up (after 4 months of slogging).
So I have recorded all subs payments in registers in my gift aid folder, some having left now to Brownies obviously.
I can claim 4 years back if I'm right, so do I claim each year seperately but make 3/4 claims now so we can have the funds in the bank or can I only claim for the year ending 2012? (would that be right?)
You can make up to four years claims now. One of the Brownie Leaders in my district did that and got £1400!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
You need to have a signed declaration for every individual (the parent) to for them to be included in a claim...

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

NatalieL

Beginner (10+ posts)
do I claim each year seperately but make 3/4 claims now so we can have the funds in the bank
Yes - I got our unit set up last year. I had sufficient records to be able to claim back to September 2014. I did 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 straight away (well, 2014-2015 first and then when that came through OK, I put 2015-2016 in) and then claimed for 2016-2017 once we finished our financial year (end of August.)

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Tapatalk is the app for viewing the forum....

You need a signed declaration from parents before you can include them in your gift Aid claim. It's rare there is a check but it can happen and that is the law. The declarations are part of the starting forms, so you may have more than you think

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
If you are still able to contact the parents of girls who have left (e.g. now at rangers or younger sibling still at brownies/ guides or you see them at the school gate), it's not too late to ask them to sign the declaration as there's an option on the form to include all donations in the previous four years. Note that the declaration is for the parent not the kid, so if you already have a signed form for one sibling then you're covered for all of them, assuming the same person is paying their subs. You must have a signed form for every parent you're claiming for though.