• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Girls say the funniest things…

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
There hasn't been one of these for a while and I could do with a giggle!

The other week a group of Brownies were chatting about other kids in their class-
"Flossie aren't you going out with Bob?"
"No, he has six girlfriends already- I don't think he could handle me too" !

dominoka

Beginner (10+ posts)
It was a while ago, when I was a Guide myself! One of the girls I met at a camp (she wasn't from our unit) asked: "Why isn't Canada in the EU?"

kingfisherblue

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not from Guiding, but this happened earlier today. My son has Down's Syndrome, and obsessively writes lists. He also loves animals. Today we were waiting for the ENT chap at the hospital, and he was writing a list of groups of animals. We had gone way past the pride of lions and flock of sheep stage. I asked him if he could remember what a group of crows is called. He couldn't remember, so I reminded him that we were talking about it the other day. He thought for a moment, and then very seriously asked 'Is it a corned beef of crows?' :D

Ech18

Veteran (100+ posts)
I remember as a 5 year old saying to my teacher “this classroom is very messy, we better tidy up!”

I swear she had to hold in the giggles and I am also not the tidiest person so it is rather amusing.

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
Last night I collected my 5 year old granddaughter to take her to Rainbows, we were driving along the bypass when she said 'It's dangerous to drive without hands isn't it grandma?' I assume she meant without hands on the steering wheel... mine were I hasten to add, I wonder what daddy does when he's driving!!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I was teaching some Brownies to strike a match last night, one of the taster activities. Had to really struggle not to smile when one Brownie was adamant that we shouldn't play with matches, it was wrong and we shouldn't do it....clearly I am not a responsible adult as required on the box...

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

Epona

Veteran (100+ posts)
I was teaching some Brownies to strike a match last night, one of the taster activities. Had to really struggle not to smile when one Brownie was adamant that we shouldn't play with matches, it was wrong and we shouldn't do it....clearly I am not a responsible adult as required on the box...
I get that from some nervous ones too. I always tell them that we are working with matches, not playing.

Burghilly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Sorry - not Guide related but we were lucky enough to go to an amazing wedding in Italy a few years ago.

We entered the stunning church in a beautiful town square and it had been decorated with rose petals scattered all up the aisle. As My 4 yer a old son entered he took one looked at all the petals on the floor and said in a loud voice " Corr - what a mess!"

quietbrownowl

Veteran (100+ posts)
While on pack holiday we had 1 homesick and tearful brownie. We heard these comforting?! words

Brownie 1 "whats wrong?"
Brownie 2 "i miss my mum and dad and my brother and i want to go home"
Brownie 1 "well i miss mine too but you dont see me crying about it"

I shouldnt have laughed but i did.

sandra 100

Veteran (100+ posts)
when I was little I wandered off at the sea side when a policeman found me he said are you lost I said no but my mammy and daddy are (I wasn't lost as I knew where I was)
My youngest son came home from school and said they had little pillows for lunch he meant ravioli

Hilary240

Beginner (10+ posts)
We had four new girls start last night. Brownie A said to Brownie B "Why have you worn your Brownie uniform to come to Brownies?".

Ech18

Veteran (100+ posts)
Quote from our trip at the weekend

“Don’t tell me off for something I haven’t done ...yet”

I’d said something like don’t walk in the road please