1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

grants for a guide

Discussion in 'Girls in Need' started by woodyowl, Apr 30, 2012.

1. woodyowl

woodyowl Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC, Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

My OH has a guide who sadly lost her father last year, she is a very shy young girl and is clearly getting alot out of being in the unit.

She is struggling to pay for things such as subs and trips she would like to attend a regional residential trip later this year.

Do you know of any grants that may be able to help?

2. Cazbly

Cazbly Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)

Do your region or TG do any hardship grants - she could apply to Region/County/Division for a start.

3. Wren

Wren Mod Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

What about asking your County? Not sure what the grants would be called, but I know my County have a few funds available for such a case. Write, explain and ask the question to District, Division, County and your Region! All they can do is say no and it would be a start.

4. culcheth1

culcheth1 Veteran (100+ posts)

Where is the regional residential trip going to be held? Some GGUK venues offer grants to enable people to attend residential events - Waddow certainly does so I presume the others do too?

This link has info about GGUK grants that may help

https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/default.aspx?page=5081

5. exile

exile Veteran (100+ posts)

My district has offered to pay the census of a girl whose family is struggling..... because that's what district funds are for, apparently!

6. ssujh1

ssujh1 Veteran (100+ posts)