• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Guide moving to Switzerland...

StarOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
One of my Guides, one of the nicest ones, but isn't it always? told me this evening that she's moving to Switzerland soon, probably permanently, not sure exactly where, but do we have anyone on here who is Guiding in Switzerland?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I have contact details of a leader in USA Girls Scouts Overseas in Switzerland if that's any help?
I think there's BGIFC over there too.

StarOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
BGIFC would be better as she's started with us but the US GS is a good start please too. I'll find out where exactly she's going! :)

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
The leader I know is in Geneva, but she is actually Canadian, and they do have girls of several different nationalities.

Salola

knackered Brownie Guider
I had a Brownie go to Switzerland and there wasn't BGIFC when I looked into it but there were American Girl Scouts and obviously the local associations.

A lot would depend on language abilities I would think, as to which was best.

StarOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
She doesn't speak any German yet, she's turning 11 this week and they're moving to Bern. Thanks for all the help so far folks! :)

This is the first time I have ever posted on this site after finding it a month or two ago. As far as I know, we are the only BGIFC Guide unit in Switzerland, but we are based in Zug so too far away from Bern. In German she would need to look for a Pfadi group- they are in most villages and are usually run by what we would consider Senior Section boys and girls.
Kim

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
Hey hello nice to meet another BGIFC member - I am BGIFC in Dubai.
Are you going to Foxlease for the BGIFC camp in the summer?