1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Home again

Discussion in 'G2G9 East Midlands' started by jayjay, May 13, 2012.

1. jayjay

jayjay Guide and Ranger Guider

Home again. Not too much mess and child very pleased to see me. Had a really good weekend - big thanks to Ben, Emma, Han and TJ - and to dolly.

2. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I've been home about 30 mins. Need to tidy up and plan Guides for Monday then I can sit, though I'm surprisingly untired.

Thank you to the organisers and the catering team for another great weekend

3. compoguide26

compoguide26 compoguide26

I'm home too, very excited boys not too malnourished!! Thanks to everyone for a fab weekend and to all my new friends or old friend that I have yet to find on Facebook, please come and find me there!! Look for Emma Batson-Compton. I want to keep in touch with you all!! Hope to see you all again soon and to Ben and Emma, I hope your little man is better soon.

4. senry

senry Veteran (100+ posts)

got home about hour ago but then died as journey home tied me out.. i had such a brilliant time! thank you so much all you lovely people who made the weekend brilliant and a Huge thank you to our organisers and qms! :D

and if any of you want to find me on fb.... im victoria hogg

5. Lynz

Lynz Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm home too, Foxy dropped me off a couple of hours ago but only just made it online! Thank you to all the organisers and the QMs, had a lovely weekend :)

6. kathrynha

kathrynha Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm home. Brilliant weekend and brilliant food.

Will try and find people on facebook, but if you want to find me search using my maiden name Kathryn Ankin. Married name Robinson is much too common :)

7. Cazbly

Cazbly Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)

Home again and what a fab weekend - thanks to all the organisers for their immense hardwork.

Likewise, can be found on FB - Carol Pike

8. Kittys_Butterfly

Kittys_Butterfly Guide Guider + International Advisor

I avoided being squashed on the M5...just! What is with people?! Im feeling the need for a shower and a nap now.
    Thank you for a good weekend :)

9. Hilzo42

Hilzo42 Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Got home about an hour ago - drinking tea and catching up :)
    Thanks to all the organisers, the weekend was fab! :D

10. ElfOwl

ElfOwl Veteran (100+ posts)

Got back about 30 minutes ago, stuff in washing machine already (but the rest needs to be unpacked). OH and DD were waiting for me and unloaded the car, made me a cuppa with a nice choccy muffin. DD has already asked if I have got her anything (the packed of prawn cocktail crisps was obviously not enough!). House is remarkable tidy.

The road back down was much quieter than I expected, including the Dartford crossing, so got home a lot quicker than I thought. Thanks again to all the organisers and the catering team (Dolly, OH wants to know why I have a packet of ham). It was a fab weekend, met up with old friends, made new friends, laughed a lot, rediscovered the pleasures of alcohol (watch out next time).

I shall treasure my award, while hating you all forever for it (can you understand this post - does it need translated?)

I can be found on fb but apparently there are a lot of people with the same name (how? why?) so best to find me via the guiders.co.uk fb page where it lists our usernames and real names.

11. KatieW

KatieW Guide Guider, Nottingham Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I've been home for a while now, thanks to Lette for the lift home and I hope KB isn't too sore for long!

I've just woken up after dozing off on the sofa.

If you want to find me then I'm on FB - I'm on the Guiders and also the 1st Facebook pages...

12. TJ.

TJ. Wonder Woman In Training

I got home a couple of hours ago (we had a debrief on the way back) and am now collapsed on the sofa.

Thanks to you all for your help and understanding. Hope you all had fun! And thanks for the lovely gifts as well!

13. Tanyalasagne

Tanyalasagne Veteran (100+ posts)

Been home for some time now but been out and back again. Had a fab weekend thanks all. Food was awesome thanks to the catering and organising team for a really good weekend. All showered and unpacked, Washing machine is on and its time to snooze on the sofa and eat all the food I managed to bring home with me. best of all I got home to the lawn having been cut and all the washing up done - bonus :)

14. dollypip

dollypip Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...

Tell him its a tradition that I force food upon people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. GuidingKB

GuidingKB Brownie Guider

Thanks everyone for a great weekend!
    I've been home for a bit and went for a nap - now having a chilled out evening!
    Thanks as well to everyone who helped with first aid at the end.....who would have thought that saying good bye would be dangerous....

16. GuidingKB

GuidingKB Brownie Guider

It's still rather sore, but I'll live.

17. jennthedeadfunkyranger

18. Tawny75

Tawny75 Indicate the way to my abode....

Home here too. Love to all. I am Nicky Batson on facebook if you would like to add me.

Thank you all so much for a lovely weekend. Em and I won't leave it so long next time :O)

19. compoguide26

compoguide26 compoguide26

OMG!!! I just got an email to say that Jenthefunkyranger and Guiding Nutter on geocaching.com have retrieved a travel bug called Twinkle Twinkle Little Torch. It has a welsh flag chain on it. It belongs to TeamCompton4. I AM THAT TEAM!! It is my family team with hubby and the boys. How legendary and weirdly coincidental is that!! Who had it overnight, did I sleep in the same room as my own travel bug and not know it ??

Compo, the mummy from TeamCompton4

20. jennthedeadfunkyranger

You did indeed - KB had it. How random!