• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? How do i add a D of E volunteer?

gemmasue

Regular (50+ posts)
Hi!

Title of thread says it all really!

One of our old Brownies has started with us for her Duke of Edinburgh award. How do I add her to the unit? Can I do it, as assistant leader, or does it have to be brown owl or dc? I've tried doing it, but can't seem to find d of e option, only Brownie helper.

I thought it would be easy as I have her guiding number, but should know that GO is never that easy!!

Gemmasue

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

gemmasue

Regular (50+ posts)
Hi!

Title of thread says it all really! Have, also, posted on website issue forum but thought might get more views here!

One of our old Brownies has started with us for her Duke of Edinburgh award. How do I add her to the unit? Can I do it, as assistant leader, or does it have to be brown owl/ dc? I've tried doing it, but can't seem to find d of e option, only Brownie helper. Am I being daft?

I thought it would be easy as I have her guiding number, but should know that GO is never that easy!!

Gemmasue

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
If she's still a guide, you can add her as a Brownie helper while she does her D of E. Otherwise, your DC should be able to add her for you - if you pass on her membership number it should be easy for them. As a leader, you can only add young members (brownies or guides), whereas D of E helpers count as volunteers which is a slightly different process. :)

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I have closed this thread as there is no need to post a duplicate thread. There has been a reply to your original thread. ;)

culcheth1

Veteran (100+ posts)
If she's still a guide, you can add her as a Brownie helper while she does her D of E. Otherwise, your DC should be able to add her for you - if you pass on her membership number it should be easy for them. As a leader, you can only add young members (brownies or guides), whereas D of E helpers count as volunteers which is a slightly different process. :)
DofE Volunteers need to be added to the Unit Team by your DC. They should not be recorded as "Brownie Helpers". They can' work on their DofE and still be a Guide as DofE is part of the Senior Section programme

BlueJay13

Regular (50+ posts)
DofE Volunteers need to be added to the Unit Team by your DC. They should not be recorded as "Brownie Helpers". They can' work on their DofE and still be a Guide as DofE is part of the Senior Section programme
D of E is a separate award and organisation. If a Guide is helping weekly in a Rainbow or Brownie unit and is registered for her D of E award (which does not have to be through Guiding) then her volunteering will count as long as she is actively helping the leadership team in the way they want her too (considering the Guide's own abilities). I was a 14 year-old Guide when I started my Bronze D of E volunteering at a Rainbow unit.