1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

How is the new adult softshell jacket?

Discussion in 'Uniform' started by Goblin, May 15, 2016.

1. Goblin

Goblin (Newbie)

I'm thinking of getting one of the new jackets, since my hoodie sleeves are now somewhere around my elbows.

Has anyone got the softshell jacket? How are they size-wise and do they shrink horribly in the wash? Also, are they comfortable or do they feel a bit stiff?

2. floss

floss Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

tight around the hips. don't know about the wash

3. sandra 100

sandra 100 Veteran (100+ posts)

ive thought about getting one but I don't know anyone who has bought one

4. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I have one and I like it...I don't think they are designed to be washed too regularly but clearly they are washable but I haven't washed it yet.

I've never been a hoody person so I'm really pleased they've come up with an alternative warm top..

5. Hilary

Hilary Guide Guider and District Commissioner GuiderPlus

I tried one on but haven't bought yet. If you want to wear it as a jacket, or are between sizes, I'd buy one size larger than normal. The sleeves are too long on me but I have short arms. Tighter round the hips than the bust as floss said. They are completely synthetic so shouldn't shrink at all. I will be buying one at some point just can't justify any more uniform at present. Snuggly and comfortable.

6. MummyOwl

MummyOwl Brownie Leader

The sizing is a bit odd... I tried on a size 14 (I'm between a 14 and 16 in most dress sizes) and that fitted OK - snug on the hips and baggy round the bust, but OK. But they sent a 16 by mistake which is MASSIVE around the boobs, but fits better on the hips. I'm keeping the 16 as I'm only going to wear it in the winter with layer underneath, but I do need to get much bigger boobs if I'm to do it justice!
    That all said, they look very smart and are very warm... (too warm for the Summer)

7. LizzieWizzie

LizzieWizzie Veteran (100+ posts)

One of our leaders has purchased one and quite likes it, we had the sizing debate with hers as she went for her normal size which fits but is tighter around the hips and nice at the top. If she went for the next size up we were concerned about it being 'baggy' all over so she's sticking as is.

I quite like the look of it though as it seems more structured so potentially a little smarter when the situation needed. I will probably get one for September.

8. PMIE1

PMIE1 (Newbie)

Can you help me by trying to explain what type of material it is made from? Is it the same 'nylon'/slippery material as the new guide zipped hoodies? Or is it more like a waterproof jacket material? Thank you

9. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

It is soft shell which is more an outdoor material, similar to the new Guide hoody. It is fleecy inside and windproof so a very versatile material.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

10. rain2000

rain2000 Beginner (10+ posts)

I ordered one yesterday. Went for my normal size, will see what it fits like when it arrives.